Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some input on swap ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some input on swap ideas

Hi! I've been lurking on this forum for awhile and I finally decided to join because I have been thinking up a new project to work on.

Right now, I would really like to buy an infiniti G35 and just put an LS3 in it and call it a day.

I have this Suzuki esteem wagon which was my moms, which is really tempting for a swap because I think it would be an ultimate sleeper since no one even mods them with the little 4 banger. I was thinking of putting an LS1 in it at first and converting it to a RWD car since the chassis of the car was also made for an AWD model and would be pretty easy to convert, just cut out a little bit of the firewall for the tranny. I then started measuring the engine bay for an LS1 and realized that it would be a really tight fit for one with the accessories. I remembered that GM made the LS4 which was slightly shorter with the accessories and everything, so I've been researching those a bit.

Right now though I'm not sure which would be a better use of my money and time, especially since I don't know much about what you can do with an LS4 to make better power than it is stock. Both ideas I think are pretty cool for a swap. The Suzuki would be a bit more unique and cost a lot less at the moment since the LS4's can be gotten for much cheaper and I already have the Suzuki.

Any suggestions and input would be very much appreciated! Glad to be a part of this forum now and seriously start on some new projects!

Zach
Old 11-07-2013, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Welcome to the site, I am new as well.

I'll be honest and say I don't know a whole lot about G35 swaps and even less about Suzuki swaps. To me it seems like the G35 would be easier but I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong. The G35 might be more appealing to buyers if you ever go to sell it whereas sleeper cars kind of have a cult following. Some people can't live without 'em, some people don't want to be driving a boring looking car so the sleeper might be harder to sell if you ever choose to do so.

Seems like the Suzuki would be the more practical choice, and I'm all about uniqueness so that'd be a pretty interesting swap.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you make a build thread!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech! Check out the Conversions & Hybrids forum for all kinds of LS swaps.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Almonz T/A
Welcome to the site, I am new as well.

I'll be honest and say I don't know a whole lot about G35 swaps and even less about Suzuki swaps. To me it seems like the G35 would be easier but I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong. The G35 might be more appealing to buyers if you ever go to sell it whereas sleeper cars kind of have a cult following. Some people can't live without 'em, some people don't want to be driving a boring looking car so the sleeper might be harder to sell if you ever choose to do so.

Seems like the Suzuki would be the more practical choice, and I'm all about uniqueness so that'd be a pretty interesting swap.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you make a build thread!
I don't think I'd sell the Suzuki if I made it a sleeper, since it will be pretty unique to me, but you never know what the future holds.

And yeah, I'd definitely make a build thread if I were to do this.

Quick Reply: Need some input on swap ideas