LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Can anyone tell me what headers these are?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me what headers these are?

So a friend of mine has these headers that he offered me, I just can't seem to find any that look familar. He said they came with his old TA and never had any paper work for them.

Thanks for any and all help.

http://imgur.com/a/xmGGF
Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Teching In

looks like hooker mid length headers with the emission junk hook up option
Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM

Would they be worth giving him some $$$ for them?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

What mods do you have now including exhaust? What year car?
Old 11-04-2013, 05:09 PM

K&N air intake, that's about it. Car is bone stock, 140,000 miles. 95 six speed.

Mod expectations are
Cam( liking the CC306 currently)
Little suspension work
possibly pro 5.0 shifter
and supporting mods(clutch 1.6rr etc)
So exhaust was going to be one of the first for me.

I came from the stealth 3000gt world, twin turbo v6 has been pretty much my car life so this is all pretty new to me. I'm no newb when it comes to turning a wrench or building something custom. Just not familair with parts for this platform yet. So I appreciate every bit of help I can get
Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

well the good news is they're for a single cat car, and they look to be ceramic coated, not too many mid length headers out there, BBK would have their name on them that rules that brand out, hooker maybe? Just wondering why you left the 3S world my friend went through 1 SL and 2 VR4s 1st vr4 rod knocked and the second mint morocco red pearl has a hole in piston #1. It was a nice car before it took a dump, wilwood brakes, HKS sidemounts, Kinesis wheels, upgraded turbos but nothing too fancy, emanage, etc.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Looks like someone painted over some rusted headers with regular paint, and if you're going to be putting a cam in I would go with some LTs. Unless those shorties are free then why not for now but LTs after cam definitely.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:49 PM

They might be, buddy hasn't really given me a price on them yet. But I would expect him to be like eh 20 bucks. That and I wouldn't mind tearing into the engine bay of the TA once or twice before the cam install. Yea from what I have been reading about LT's are deff the way to go.

As far as leaving the 3s world. I have owned 4 total. Two NA's and two twin turbos.

Just not where I wanna be anymore, for the most part the cars are money pits if they have over 100,xxx and or have been owned by a 16-23 year olds. Its hard to find one in nice shape. Even harder to find one that is in nice shape but still doesn't need 2-4k in preventative maintence. To do a decent build and get a 3s putting out 500hp you're looking at forking out 10k plus. That and idk just needed a change. I plan to get another later on but for now I needed a new project. It was between this TA(picked up for next to nothing) or putting an LS1 in my 325i(may happen later).

But I thank you guys for all the input, if he wants next to nothing for them I am gonna put them on. If not I will just go an buy some lt's.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

yeah thats sorta the answer I expected, really a tough car for a shadetree mechanic to work on and outsourcing the work is a fortune. He was pretty addicted to them, could have bought 2 evo's for the money he's put into mods and repairs. That might just be his next car thankfully.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 PM

Not so much shadetree as just got tired of always fixing something. Upgrading to just break the next thing in line. That and couldn't get over the fact of spending 3600 bucks on just a pair of turbos.

In stl I got lucky that i am friends with a guy who owns of the most known 3s build shops in the nation.
Yea I almost pulled the trigger on a friend from peoria Il evo. Thing was a monster!!! 600+hp on an e85 tune. Just wasn't reliable and that was what I was looking for at the time.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Launching!

I hear that Mitsubishi's and Dodges were definitely living up to their reputation even with the Stealth and 3000GT: good looking cars, PATHETIC reliability. So I guess this would be a good improvement for you. Anyway, I have to agree with the above. If the headers are free, then you might as well accept them. But I, having mid tubes on my LT1, would much rather save up for some long tubes.

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me what headers these are?