Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Buyer Beware: Turbo Technologies Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buyer Beware: Turbo Technologies Inc.

Update #1 here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/17804267-post8.html

A number of people on CF have read at least some of my posts regarding the TTIx kit I put on my car. This is the latest. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...wastegate.html

The build is well documented on here with comments from George, the owner at TTI, as well. http://m.corvetteforum.com/c5-forced...-my-build.html

I made a prior attempt to fix this issue documented here. http://m.corvetteforum.com/c5-forced...ost-creep.html It was already apparent TTI wanted to no part in helping with this or standing behind their product. Apparently expecting a turbo kit to allow for boost control is a crazy concept, and you should run at full boost at all times with no traction. I guess boost controllers and traction control systems are a waste of money…

It's important to note that TTI has made ZERO effort to fix this problem on their kit where the wastegates do not control boost. They hid this detail from me until they already had half the cost of the kit cashed and had me waiting for weeks past their expected delivery date. I truly got the feeling they felt they were doing me a favor by taking my money for this kit. Everybody has dealt with a company that makes you feel that way, and it's annoying to say the least. They had shipped me someone else’s 3” downpipes by mistake and did not realize it until weeks after they order had been completed. Their main concern was that I didn’t damage them. I was basically asked to not screw it up and could you please hurry up and get these back to us. THEN they started to build my c5 3” downpipes that I THEN found out had not been used on any car yet to date. Only mock up. I was the guinea pig. I waited for weeks. Half way through this process they dropped this bomb. "You'll need to cut the frame to make these fit. Do you still want them?" They already had my money.

The other thing I have never really heard comments on regarding these kits is the quality of materials. This kit is made with all mild steel. It doesn't really reflect the price tag IMO. You also are only given worm gear clamps for your pipes. Not ideal for boost. The couplers are a very thin material, and any rubbing is going to cause a hole. You may as well let them ship the pipes to you bare. It is of slightly less quality than the high temp VHT spray paint many people use on exhaust piping. I used this when their coating was gone after a month on my downpipes, and it is holding up better.

After no contact from TTI since shortly after my build was complete and all checks cashed I wonder over to their forum today and see this.

Well, that was mature. Looks like the admin is a member on CF who is their personal cheerleader, even though TTI does not sponsor this forum. Well he can try and defend this. It's all facts, and I've got more emails, logs, and pics I can dig up to prove my point farther. I also have enough IP's to choose from that your ban is pointless.

Last edited by LS1x2; 11-06-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Suck to see that you had to deal with this bs Joe.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear that, TTI has been around along time with many people running the C5 kits. Just read your thread, you received your TTI kit January of 2012?

Last edited by mike13; 11-05-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well damn. That was some BS.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

damn that sucks!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackpanther99
well damn. That was some bs.
x2
Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by mike13
Sorry to hear that, TTI has been around along time with many people running the C5 kits. Just read your thread, you received your TTI kit January of 2012?
It's been quite a while. All the work of getting in there to fix it again got me wondering why I never wrote up a review.

This problem it prevalent with the pte 6265 kits with the 3" downpipes. Not sure what percentage of those kits it entails.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

It's worth noting that I have been contacted by George at TTI since this posting. He has decided that he will do some R&D on this issue in the next few weeks, and he intends to circle up with me to make things right once a fix is found.

I feel like I've been awfully critical, but I do believe it's all factual. I'll be sure to update this once some changes are made.

If you have followed my "TTIx no wastegates" thread you will see that with the help of Tiago we may be on our way to a fix ourselves.

Hopefully the end result is a fix on both ends.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw this on the other forum. I have been trying to contact TTiX for vendor reasons..can't get a call back lol.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Call Champion Motors in Toronto, Canada. They are sponsors on here and have c5 and c6 TTIX all stainless 3" downpipes. FYI, it was Champion that designed and built the first set ever when TTI said they didn't want to bother with the 3" stuff and that it wouldn't fit. The Champion stuff fits like a glove and is extremely well designed. I'm hoping a posted pic will work comparing the 3" to the stock 2.5" stuff. Also, no slip fit for the waste gate anyone, they use a proper bellow flex! 416-751-8047, ask for Rob.

BTW, ZERO cutting of your frame, or anything else. Designed to fix in a stock c5 or c6 with ttix kit.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware: Turbo Technologies Inc.-iphone-pictures-278.jpg   Buyer Beware: Turbo Technologies Inc.-iphone-pictures-349.jpg  
Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Yea a buddy of mine just bought those. They look very nice. They are going to have the same boost creep issues though with these turbos. There is. It enough air diverted to that wastegate port. Simple as that.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by icicleboy
Call Champion Motors in Toronto, Canada. They are sponsors on here and have c5 and c6 TTIX all stainless 3" downpipes. FYI, it was Champion that designed and built the first set ever when TTI said they didn't want to bother with the 3" stuff and that it wouldn't fit. The Champion stuff fits like a glove and is extremely well designed. I'm hoping a posted pic will work comparing the 3" to the stock 2.5" stuff. Also, no slip fit for the waste gate anyone, they use a proper bellow flex! 416-751-8047, ask for Rob.

BTW, ZERO cutting of your frame, or anything else. Designed to fix in a stock c5 or c6 with ttix kit.
We have sold many of our own custom made 3" down pipes and all are very happy with the product. Please call if we can help in solving your issues.
Rob.

Last edited by Rob@ChampionMotors; 11-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Turbo Technologies Inc.