.200 147.8 124.1
.300 219.5 186.0
.400 269.4 238.9
.500 311.1 267.6
.550 328.6 275.3
.600 339.6 277.9
.612 342.9 282.2

BOOYaa!!

Thanks to Brent at TEA for all the help and these great numbers. Can't wait to get them installed next week.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freakin awesome numbers. What does the LS-6 intake flow at .600 lift? Or the FAST intake for that matter?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers

What bore, test pressure, pipe used and intake/exhaust cc's?

Old 05-06-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

those are some crazy numbers.

what size motor are these going on?

what intake are you gonna be using to support these heads??
Old 05-06-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Jeezus that's nucking futs!!!

This is obviously for a big bore motor.

Great job TEA!

Someone is going to ask.....so before you do, the exhaust is flowed with a pipe on.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Engine is a 427. I'm using the LS6 intake for now. I'd have to ask Brent about the flowbench settings. And, we haven't determined the finall cc of the heads. When Brent pulls my current heads he's going to get the piston height and finish the heads.

The valvetrain will be: stock or Comp R lifters, 978 springs, 2.10"/1.6" valves, HS 1.7 rockers and an MTI S1 Cam (thus the .612 flow number).
Old 05-06-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Red face

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
Nice numbers

What bore, test pressure, pipe used and intake/exhaust cc's?

Why bother asking?

Ed
Old 05-06-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

How much did those heads run you if you don't mind me asking, if I go back to an N/A setup, I'm looking at the Stage 2.5 Judsons, these seem pretty good too though
Old 05-06-2004, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Would a set of Stage III heads on stock bottom end, T-ReX cammed LS1 be too much? Is there a such thing as having a 'too high flowing' head setup?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EDC

Why bother asking?

Ed
Because the info is useless without it
Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

nice #.

For those with a STOCK bore, you probably will not see that flow.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:41 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
nice #.

For those with a STOCK bore, you probably will not see that flow.

Those heads are killer though. My heads are bad *** 5.3's and I'm still jealous of those flow #'s. TEA is going to own the cylinder head market if they keep it up
Old 05-06-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Insane. Low lift numbers are as impressive as the peak.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EDC

Why bother asking?

Ed
you sure do love to slam your competitors whenever you get a chance don't you Ed
Old 05-07-2004, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

sounds like brent is the only one who works there...
Old 05-07-2004, 02:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

If I go N/A I'm either getting these or the Judsons

These are very appealing

Thanks for PMing me Iateyourcat
Old 05-07-2004, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by H82BBad
you sure do love to slam your competitors whenever you get a chance don't you Ed

I say "why bother" because these numbers (and pretty much any internet numbers) mean absolutely nothing. Most "consumers" cannot verify these test sheets and even if they could, since the tests are done on a machine that no one here can relate to, it's moot point.

Per TEA, the do not use a SF600 or SF1020 so the numbers are NOT comparable to what others print who use the "Industry Standard" flow testing equipment for printed flow numbers. Like using a Sony Betamax machine and comparing it's superiority to a VHS machine. If only a small number of people use it, it's really no comparison.

You call it slamming, I call it FACTS!

Also, since the test procedures are totally different from what most shops do, there's no fair way to get the facts straight. We use inlet fixtures and exhaust extensions that nearly every shop and manufacturer also uses. I've tested products for Brodix and AFR, and the results nearly mirror what the manufacturers get, so I know our testing methods are proven. From what I've been told, no one anywhere uses a custom exhaust extension like TEA so the whole "flow number comparision" deal is still flawed...

I have tested other TEA products using this same testing procedures and the flow numbers are nowhere near their posted figures. So what! I don't care!!

Whatever numbers TEA (or any other place) provides the customer, I needed figures that are REAL WORLD so I can provide the correct camshaft profile and peripherals for them. That's why I test the heads/intakes "MY" way and get the REAL numbers. These are the real world figures that have been used for many very fast combinations so my testing and results can't be all that wrong...

Take it however you want but I stand by the post... "Why bother"... Other than some bragging rights and ***** envy...

Ed
Old 05-07-2004, 07:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Originally Posted by EDC

Why bother asking?

Ed
Ed,

Your a guy that tries to sell stuff on the forum for his business while trying to appear not to in order to avoid paying for a sponsorship. Your also a well know TEA hater that directly attempts to compete with TEA in the Ford world and you always seem to want to slam TEA in the LS1 world.

Your comment is exceptionally lame, biased and as always without any actual data to support your view on Iateacat's new heads. TEA provides data unlike yourself. Despite your proclaimed highly touted but so far in the LS1tech world unproven cam specing service, you've yet to provide any hard data. So read your own sig and prove your point otherwise your just full of cheap talk.

Iateacat, sounds like you have a killer set of heads for your 427.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Ed,

Your a guy that tries to sell stuff on the forum for his business while trying to appear not to in order to avoid paying for a sponsorship.

I find it very hard to send money or support to a site that, per one of the administrators, stated... "I wouldn't buy anything from a Mustang shop"...

Would you???
Your also a well know TEA hater that directly attempts to compete with TEA in the Ford world and you always seem to want to slam TEA in the LS1 world.

Well Bird, you are well known as a immature troublemaker in here but, I digress to your level.

TEA is well know in the Ford world as a "flow number inflater" but then again... as I stated in every thread... "I DON"T CARE"... I need REAL numbers and not a canned "flow sheet" provided when I work with our mutual customers... Sorry if the fact that we have common customers bothers you.

FACT: I don't sell only ported heads like TEA so I'm NOT IN COMPETITON with TEA or any other CNC head shop. Again, you have your limited amount of knowledge all WRONG!

Now since I also work with Terry at PP, are you going to start flame threads on that issue too??? Because the "love" between those two companies???
Your comment is exceptionally lame, biased and as always without any actual data to support your view on Iateacat's new heads.

Lame? Why? Because only a flow sheet was provided?

Even Chris saw the data was very limited...

Where do you get your thought process from??
TEA provides data unlike yourself.

So If I toss out some crazy numbers, and someone here posts them, it's considered "providing data"???

God the internet is so wonderful...
Despite your proclaimed highly touted but so far in the LS1tech world unproven cam specing service, you've yet to provide any hard data. So read your own sig and prove your point otherwise your just full of cheap talk.

Hmmm.... This from a guy who was "asking" for a cam profile? Guess you have changed your mind...

As I told you in the past...

Your opinion(s) mean absolutely nothing to me. PERIOD!

1) I came to this board by invitation of a few forum members because they liked what they saw. Once I posted on a couple of threads, YOU called me out on a set of heads that "I DID NOT DO".... WITHOUT ANY FACTS, you flamed, insulted and sent some pretty dumb PMs to me... "You" set the tone for future relations...

2) When TEA Brent slammed all the AFR heads in a past thread, (which is supposedly not allowed) you defended it as "opinion" yet when I showed how biased the post was and defended the AFR product with facts, you lost track of any real facts and got into a flame fest. Whether you know this or not, there were plenty of industry people that saw Brent's post as a slam of another company's product even though you, "Mr TEA Lover", saw it as only "opinion"... Talk about wearing blinders!

3) Now again, in this thread, you have not read the replies correctly. Flame fests are your forte' and you blindly defend something that needs no defending. Try for once to read more carefully before you reply so ignorantly again.

Sorry for this hijack, but Bird is well overdue for a "smack with facts..."

"unsubscibing"

Ed