Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F-Body Front Mount Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default F-Body Front Mount Intercooler

Looking to see what 1000 + horsepower front mount intercoolers are you running? I am running a F1R with pulley setup to max out at 6800 rpm. I am only making about 16 psi. Did a pressure check before the intercooler and was making around 25-30 psi.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any possibility of switching to a W2A? Would fix your pressure drop issue for sure, just a thought.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:01 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMF_Racing
any possibility of switching to a W2A? Would fix your pressure drop issue for sure, just a thought.
I have not looked at that option yet. I drive on the street a lot and i don't want to mess around with ice.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHAT INTERCOOLER are you using now?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9sectruck
WHAT INTERCOOLER are you using now?
I have an EPP front mount intercooler. Bought this from Bob before he was Brute Speed. Not sure what intercooler he was using then.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcamaro02
I have an EPP front mount intercooler. Bought this from Bob before he was Brute Speed. Not sure what intercooler he was using then.
I was getting them from CX Racing. It's the same 12 x 31 x 4 intercooler we used on my Camaro. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 11-07-2013, 08:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I was getting them from CX Racing. It's the same 12 x 31 x 4 intercooler we used on my Camaro. Bob
Thanks Bob
Old 11-07-2013, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chiseled has a VERY NICE Air to Air Intercooler, it comes in at like $975 but it is an amazing piece. The lowest quality I would go would be Treadstone.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DEFYANT
Chiseled has a VERY NICE Air to Air Intercooler, it comes in at like $975 but it is an amazing piece. The lowest quality I would go would be Treadstone.
Thanks i will check it out.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 AM
TECH Addict

I have a real nice treadstone 1300hp intercooler made specifically for f bodies and corvettes in the classifieds. Brand new
Old 11-08-2013, 05:32 AM
8 Second Club

You need to look into Bell Intercoolers. I talked with them about mine and and went with them. They told me if you are dropping more than 2psi you do not have the right intercooler for your set up.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I drive on the street a lot and i don't want to mess around with ice.
Whoever told you this is an idiot with no understanding of how an A2W system works. A well designed A2W system works better than a2a anytime. No ice needed. Ice is for the guy at the TRACK trying to squeeze the last a/f ratio change to achieve that last tenth and not burn the motor down.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
Whoever told you this is an idiot with no understanding of how an A2W system works. A well designed A2W system works better than a2a anytime. No ice needed. Ice is for the guy at the TRACK trying to squeeze the last a/f ratio change to achieve that last tenth and not burn the motor down.
I guess i am the idiot because i don't have experience with A2W systems. If you would like to educate me on this i am happy to learn. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess i am the idiot because i don't have experience with A2W systems. If you would like to educate me on this i am happy to learn. Thanks in advance.
And now I feel like an ***. My experience is with what I have and that consists of an up to 6 gallon tank with pump, a heat exchanger, and the IC itself. Seems like alot of stuff and I suppose it is. But the results are like this while dynoing this it was around 90 degrees what we saw were even after back to back pulls. The usual 5-10 minutes between with program changes, after 5+ I still never see IAT more than 7° above ambient. Then take it to the street and even 3-5 long pulls same thing. Always less than 10° above ambient. I see guys posting 150° + at the track. A 1/4 mile. Not a long highway pull. Imagine how much safer it is on any boost level and especially pump gas when your charge air is 100° or less. Oh and my temp numbers are with room or ambient temp water. I have yet to add ice. And no meth kit either.
You have to remember the A2W system is not heat soaking when your not under boost. So street cruising is cooling if the pump is circulating. So even without a heat exchanger you still have one in the IC. Add a heat exchanger like mine it cools the water faster. My system is dormant until 4 psi then the pump kicks on and stays on until out of boost for 5 minutes even if I turn the car off. Mine is totally built for street but perfect for the strip.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000RATA
And now I feel like an ***. My experience is with what I have and that consists of an up to 6 gallon tank with pump, a heat exchanger, and the IC itself. Seems like alot of stuff and I suppose it is. But the results are like this while dynoing this it was around 90 degrees what we saw were even after back to back pulls. The usual 5-10 minutes between with program changes, after 5+ I still never see IAT more than 7° above ambient. Then take it to the street and even 3-5 long pulls same thing. Always less than 10° above ambient. I see guys posting 150° + at the track. A 1/4 mile. Not a long highway pull. Imagine how much safer it is on any boost level and especially pump gas when your charge air is 100° or less. Oh and my temp numbers are with room or ambient temp water. I have yet to add ice. And no meth kit either.
You have to remember the A2W system is not heat soaking when your not under boost. So street cruising is cooling if the pump is circulating. So even without a heat exchanger you still have one in the IC. Add a heat exchanger like mine it cools the water faster. My system is dormant until 4 psi then the pump kicks on and stays on until out of boost for 5 minutes even if I turn the car off. Mine is totally built for street but perfect for the strip.
Don't feel like an *** many people are given false information and try to post it on Ls1Tech. I am not ashamed to say i don't know something. Do you have any info, pictures and cost on your setup.
Thanks Jason
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

X2 on more info on your setup. I was going run the huge procharger front mount on mine but now I'm thinking a2w
Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We use Chiseled A2A or A2W mounted in our bumper supports. It frees up a lot of room and gives additional opportunities to change radiator location.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't feel like an *** many people are given false information and try to post it on Ls1Tech. I am not ashamed to say i don't know something. Do you have any info, pictures and cost on your setup.
Thanks Jason
Originally Posted by CRASHz427
X2 on more info on your setup. I was going run the huge procharger front mount on mine but now I'm thinking a2w
The a2w intercooler on 2000rata's car is part of the twin turbo kit that is from Modular Turbo. Rob and my buddy Chris (the builder) put that whole kit together and designed the a2w intercooler for the street.

Pretty much what it is, its the same setup as a regular a2w intercooler but a minature radiator/fan setup is put inline to cool the water as it heats up, perfect for street pulls when you have no ice and keeps the intake charge temps around ambient.

The thing about it is that you need a good bit of water and with Chris's ever thinking brain he devised it so that you can have over 6 gallons of water in the tank and not know where it is in the car because the interior will look all stock.

If you get in touch with Rob he can most likely get you set up with that system. If not, I can get you in touch with Chris.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by DEFYANT
Thanks for reply

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
We use Chiseled A2A or A2W mounted in our bumper supports. It frees up a lot of room and gives additional opportunities to change radiator location.
Thanks for reply

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
The a2w intercooler on 2000rata's car is part of the twin turbo kit that is from Modular Turbo. Rob and my buddy Chris (the builder) put that whole kit together and designed the a2w intercooler for the street.

Pretty much what it is, its the same setup as a regular a2w intercooler but a minature radiator/fan setup is put inline to cool the water as it heats up, perfect for street pulls when you have no ice and keeps the intake charge temps around ambient.

The thing about it is that you need a good bit of water and with Chris's ever thinking brain he devised it so that you can have over 6 gallons of water in the tank and not know where it is in the car because the interior will look all stock.

If you get in touch with Rob he can most likely get you set up with that system. If not, I can get you in touch with Chris.
Thanks i will give him a call.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Pics of intercoolers with your bumper supports? I have one of your front supports for my TA. Would love to see pics.

Quick Reply: F-Body Front Mount Intercooler