Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery 2 ls power

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Discovery 2 ls power

Hi when i was a kid my mom had a discovery 2 land rover it was one of my favorite cars in which i began to hate with all the stupid problems. we had always thought of putting a chevy motor in but never looked into it assuming it would be diffacult with the end result of junking it after the head gasket blew and the oil pump failed. now that i am of age im looking for a project. I realize there are probably other threads up here on it im looking to drop a ls1 in a 99-01 disco 2 im 18 with decent experience but am looking for the most simplest answers as to how to go about it. including wiring and computer as well as tranny( i was thinking 4l60e/4l80e maybe a set up from an escalade or suburban something along those lines.) id also like to know it would be possible to use same transfer case or even one from something gm. i'd like to start a new thread becaus i am in need of specific simple answers. jtr has not really been into land rovers. any help is appreciated thank you all for your time
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jump on Discoweb. They swap all sorts of engines into them. The engine is actually based off an old Buick engine.

The most common would be the 4bt Cummins, but I'm sure an LS would work.

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 ls power