Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bowtie Install?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Bowtie Install?

ive tried to search this out, but i couldnt find what i was looking for, so ill just start a thread to get the answer cause im sure alot of people could answer this real fast. so with that said, what do you use to put your bowtie emblems on to a billet grille? ive heard 3m adhesive works real easy, anyone with a pic of how you put the adhesive on the emblem and such, it would be much appreciated. thanks in advance guys.

Sean
Old 05-07-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

3M adhesive here, before I lost it of course.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Launching!

just a question about the 3m adhesive, im gonna be going out to get some tomorrow, and figured i may as well get the specifics to make my shopping easier, does anyone who has used the 3d adhesive tape, what exactly is it called, whats on the package, i just wanna be able to pick it up and be on my way without looking around at it all. also, what size did you get, ive seen foam mounting tape, is that what i should use or should i use the thin stuff? i saw it comes in 1/2", 3/4" and 1" tall, what size worked best for you guys? yeah i know, i got alot of questions, but figured id get them all outta the way in one post, so any help would be much appreciated on this matter.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Launching!

well, i got some adhesive tonight and tried to install bowtie, no such luck, it wouldnt hold it tight at all, so i took off the grille and used the bracket that came with it, i had it on, but i cant trust just those little nuts to hold it, i need a safety feature of sorts to hold it in case those come lose, im gonna try again on saturday when its light out and see if i can rig it up with something to help hold it on as a back up to the bracket itself.