Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 Clutch, Tick MC adjuster and Bleeder, new slave

Old 11-10-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS7 Clutch, Tick MC adjuster and Bleeder, new slave

All done with the install and test drive.
The clutch feels great, the Tick is amazing!
2 things I read about installing the Tick MC that made the install a breeze in 20 min. 1- Pull the black wire loom up as far as you can. I used a strap with a s hook and tied it off. 2 stick it down upside down, then as you get it down there, turn it . I'm sure you can do the install with out these 2 ways, but I was by myself and it worked for me.
I bled the MC first disconnected from the slave by myself as Tick recommends in the sticky. Then I bled with the Tick speed bleeder. Then I used my wife with her pumping 3-5 times and holding, then I would crack the Tick bleeder. Never really got alot of air and I installed the Tick MC in dry.
My clutch pedal is probably 1-2 inches below the brake pedal. From a stop the pedal grabs quick once I start to release the clutch. All 6 gears shift with no notchy feeling. Very smooth. Time to clean up all my mess! Very glad I bought the LS7 clutch and the Tick MC and Tick speed bleeder.
Big thanks to Philbo Baggins,Tick, ,SDPC and everyone that posted their opinion on the different clutches. I know the Monsters and Spec clutches are great, but I only needed the LS7.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

So it did end up that your Master cylinder was leaking and causing the problems?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
So it did end up that your Master cylinder was leaking and causing the problems?
Yes, and it was brand new. Either it was crap, or I damaged it with all the pumping of the pedal I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS7 Clutch, Tick MC adjuster and Bleeder, new slave