Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Idle issue please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Idle issue please read

I am currently having an issue that as i come to a stop with the clutch depressed my idle will drop down to as low as 200 rpms. the car run and drives fine. no high idle or anything along those lines.. the only thing i have done in recent time was a coolant flush and refilling. Another thing i noticed was that although my temp guage says i am at full running temp my air still blows very cold. my air conditioning does not work as it has a leak. i am just curious as to what would cause my idle issues. i have read about IAC and so on but as i am enlisted military my pockets arent as deep as i would like to be buying new sensors for them not to be the real problem. Could i have a bubble in my cooland system? or something else i can look for before i begin purchasing sensors? any advice or redirection would be great.

Thank you,
Lcpl Connor, Christopher
USMC
Old 11-11-2013, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Uh, what kind of car?
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cjconnor713
I am currently having an issue that as i come to a stop with the clutch depressed my idle will drop down to as low as 200 rpms. the car run and drives fine. no high idle or anything along those lines.. the only thing i have done in recent time was a coolant flush and refilling. Another thing i noticed was that although my temp guage says i am at full running temp my air still blows very cold. my air conditioning does not work as it has a leak. i am just curious as to what would cause my idle issues. i have read about IAC and so on but as i am enlisted military my pockets arent as deep as i would like to be buying new sensors for them not to be the real problem. Could i have a bubble in my cooland system? or something else i can look for before i begin purchasing sensors? any advice or redirection would be great.

Thank you,
Lcpl Connor, Christopher
USMC
not knowing what car u have its hard to say exact where to start but.. if its cable driven remove iac and clean it and the passage....DO NOT push on plunger.. and clean the throttle plate. if I remember right crc makes some throttle body cleaner that works well.. I use bg induction cleaner at the shop when I do them for my customers. as for your heater probably an air pocket still stuck. get engine to temp turn heater on and check hoses for temp... sometimes during a flush the heater will get plugged from debris might have to back flush. let me know if I can help anymore.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Teching In

I'm sorry for my lack of detail on that one. In my bit of frustration i completely neglected that. It is a 2001 Camaro SS. I will clean the IAC this week as per direction from johnson73801. Another small detail that i just worked out was that while my car shows fully warmed up at 220 degrees my heat was still blowing cold. but as i drove the heat did eventually begin to work. it seemed that the car showed full operating temp but it was not actually warmed up. not sure why it would act this way. it is troubling being where i am lol back home i could lay my car up and take time to investigate. i greatly appreciate the replies back and will keep updating with the moves i make on the car to repair it
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

also forgot to mention disconnect battery for a few minutes while cleaning so that the iac learn will reset and when start it only touch throttle if you have to just long enough to get to idle. then let run at idle for a few minutes with throttle closed.

Quick Reply: LS1 Idle issue please read