Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Some Help Guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Some Help Guys

Ok so i am attempting to put solid motor mounts in my 98 Camaro and i got the passenger side in but i can't for the life of me get the drivers side in On the drivers side i have the mount bolted to the block and the 18mm bolt holes won't line up with the pedestal. So i loosened up the pedestal and it still won't line up. So i then took off the pedestal and lined it up but then the pedestal wont line up with its bolt holes on the K Member. I have played with the engines height with my floor jack and i for the life of me can't get it. So I'm looking for advice and opinions on things i haven't tried or things i might be doing wrong. I have spent 21 hours this weekend trying to get these bastards in and I'm only half way. So lets here some thoughts. Oh and the mount is on the block correctly with the " Top " part on top. UMI was nice enough to label it for me.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Leave everything loose on the passenger side till you can get the drivers side lined up.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Ill give that a try. Do u mean just leave the 18mm bolt loose on the passenger side?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Im having the same issue. I bought a pair of solid mounts from hawks. They replied saying that the mounts are labeled upside down. Flipping the mounts did help some, but still wont line up. What does your k member measure at the center of the 2 long through mount bolts? Both my 98 z28s k members measure 14.95 and 15.15. The engine mounts on the block are about 15.50
Old 11-12-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

I havent measured my mm pedestals but the new mounts definitely are the right size im just having trouble getting the last 18mm bolt holes to line up with the mount and the pedestal. As of now the mount is between the pedestal but i just cant get that 18mm bolt through the pedestal and the mount. Its kinda like the motor shifted but i dont see how.

Quick Reply: I Need Some Help Guys