Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

For Trade: 2002 Camaro Z28 with 6.0 Liter Swap 439 RWHP and Lots of Custom Mods

Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default For Trade: 2002 Camaro Z28 with 6.0 Liter Swap 439 RWHP and Lots of Custom Mods

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $7000
Mileage: 192000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Blue

I'm looking to trade my 2002 Z28 for a 4x4 crew cab truck, Tahoe/Yukon, or even a GMC Typhoon. Grand Prix GTPs will also be considered.

I bought the Camaro from the original owner with about 150,000 miles on the clock about 2 years ago. It's in absolutely fantastic condition, as it was garaged throughout its life. Even better, the original owner put sub-frame connectors on the car right after he bought it, so it has NO squeaks and rattles and no body flex (even with T-Tops) and drives like a new car. I've owned 2 other 4th-gens that I bought brand new, and this car drives like they did. If I covered the odometer and let you drive it, you'd probably guess it has 30k miles on it.

In the time I've owned the car, I've put a ton of money into upgrades:

6.0 liter LQ4 out of a 2005 Silverado.
243 Heads reworked by West Coast Cylinder Head
GM Hot Cam
LS6 Oil Pump
Comp Cam Lifters
LS2 Timing Chain
Hooker Long-Tube Headers
True Dual Exhaust on an X-pipe with Magnaflow mufflers
CalSpeed Tune
85MM MAF
Fully Computerized HSW Nitrous Plate System
T-56 Trans rebuilt by dealer about 60k miles ago. Shifts great!
B&M Ripper Shifter
Energy Suspension poly trans mount
Custom Driveshaft Loop
KYB Gas-Ajust Struts all the way around
Strut-Tower Brace
Brand New C5 Z06 Replica wheels in 17x9.5 with new tires
C5 Corvette front brakes
External (non-factory) power steering cooler

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but this is a pretty stout combo that's not too radical for the street. CalSpeed tuned and dynoed this car at 439 RWHP/371 RWTQ on the motor, and 525 RWHP/490 RWTQ on a 75-shot. The nitrous has only been run on the dyno, as I've not had a chance to take the car to the track. According to Jim @ CalSpeed, it should be good for high 11's on the motor, and will run 10.90s with the 75-shot and some practice!

Interior is in great shape, with no cracks in the dash and no rips or tears in the seats. The carpet under the throttle pedal is showing some wear, and the console lid needs to be replaced, like all 4th-gens need now. Here are some of the interior upgrades:

6LE Cluster Overlay with Aviation Theme and LED Illumination
HuMount Radio Bezel that illuminates "Camaro Z28" in white and red.
Triple Gauge Pod
AEM Wideband 02
Aux Water Temp Gauge
Aeroforce Interceptor OBDII Gauge
Kenwood Excelon x994 with Bluetooth, USB, and hands-free.
JL Audio 600w amp
Rockford-Fosgate 200w Amp
10" subwoofer (off-brand)

Recent wear parts replaced:
Power steering pump
Alternator
Brake pads
Gear box fluid changed

Outside, the car has been de-badged, except for a pair of early-60's Chevrolet "V" emblems. The hockey stripes in the pictures have been removed. Also, as mentioned before, the car has black Z06 wheels now, as the Boyd's had to go because they wouldn't clear the C5 brake upgrade.

Car also has a black Berger panel in gloss black.

Headlights have been retrofit with HID projectors. The reflector area was painted black to match the black projector housings so it looks very stealthy and not ricey at all.

Taillights are factory units retrofitted with LED strips for brake lights and markers and sequential arrows for turn signals. Again, this was to give a custom look without the Pep Boys rice.

There have been no accidents and no damage, and the paint looks good. The only issue is a little bit of spider-webbing on the driver's side corner of the rear-bumper, but that disappears at about 10 feet. The front bumper has the usual dullness in the clear coat which seems to be increasing with age. With a good wash and wax, this car is a head turner. In fact, in May of this year, it took second place in class in a regional car show. This car is THAT clean.

As mentioned at the top, I'd prefer to trade for a 4x4, Typhoon, or GTP.

Here are some pics of the car. Please note that the hockey stripe is now gone, as are the Boyd's Wheels. New pictures will be provided as soon as I can get the car washed!

Last edited by LS1 Racing; 11-16-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Bump for a trade!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for a great looking car!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hottelssss
Bump for a great looking car!

Thanks for that!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Trade: 2002 Camaro Z28 with 6.0 Liter Swap 439 RWHP and Lots of Custom Mods