Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performer solenoid

Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performer solenoid

I am wanting to use a edelbrock performer nitrous kit that i picked up cheap on my lq4 with ls6 intake and comp 281lr cam. The kit is for a fi mustang and the directions say with the supplied jets its good for 80 hp so i am wanting to know how much of a shot i can do with these solenoids. I have never used nitrous so i am gonna start with the 80 shot but i would like to have options for more down the line if i want to. I am using the holley hp ecu and will use that to controll the nitrous with a hobbs switch for safety. I have the aeromotive 340 stealth in tank pump and plan on 42 lb hr for injectors. I will be going with a dry shot since i can program more fuel when needed. Does anyone know how much these solenoids will support? Thanks
Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

looks like the kit uses a solenoid with 0.078 in. or a similarly sized orifice so, according to http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm, "a Nitrous jet size of .078" or 1.9812mm should produce: 274.76 HP with 1 port(s). Actual HP to the wheels: 233.55 HP." If the solenoid orifice size is smaller, perhaps 0.063 in. like NX's smaller Lightning Solenoid, then "a Nitrous jet size of .063" or 1.6002mm should produce: 179.24 HP with 1 port(s). Actual HP to the wheels: 152.35 HP"
Old 11-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply. The kit comes with 2 solenoids and the instructions say to hook them together with a supplied fitting that has some sort of vacuum tee to the fuel pressure regulator but since i will be using the holley ecu for fuel i should be able to use one solenoid for the nitrous with wich ever jet i choose and everything should be good correct? I would assume all performer solenoids are the same. I could even use the two solenoids for two stages later down the road if i wanted too couldnt i?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performer solenoid