Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

leaks

Old 11-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaks

Hey I got a question about t tops and weather striping. My TA leaks. the guy I got it from thought he could fix stuff, I seen it and knew I was going to have to do a lot of work but it was a pretty good deal for the car. Anyways, back to the point. He cut half the headliner out, from the rear of the t tops all the way to the windshield. This quys quick fix was rubber in a can, or 2. The car leaks around the top of the windows and it looks like water is coming through the windshield above the rearview mirror. There is a gap in the striping of the windshield right at the T bar. I guess it gets down in there and drips in through the inner part of the roof. Also the t top handles were extremely hard to use. So I took the t tops apart. figured the rubber must have it gummed up. Well the locking mechanism was really rusty so I lubed it up and got it moving easily again. But, the spray rubber has cracked all the weather striping in the t tops so I guess Ill need to replace the t tops has a whole or maybe a rebuild kit, if there is such a thing. Is there any place that has all the weather striping for sale, windshield, t tops, etc. that can be purchased all together? all I can find is convertible and hard tops stuff.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Classic Industries sells the GM replacement pieces new, but they can be costly.

RH Door W/ T-Top Roof: G6488 | $280.99
LH Door W/ T-Top Roof: G6489 | $383.99
RH T-Top Seal: G6393 | $203.99
LH T-Top Seal: G6494 | $191.99

They also have an aftermarket set for the doors only, you would still have to buy the GM part that goes on the T-Top.

LH/RH Door W/ T-Top Roof: CR3035 | $138.99

Or you could find someone parting out their lower mileage car on here and get the complete set for way, way cheaper. eBay always has some used sets going on there as well.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

PM sent
Old 11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went ahead and got a set of t tops off a guy around here that are in good shape and are sealing good, so ill be looking to get the other leaks fixed asap. I got to get this ignition problem fixed, it left me on the side of the road...... again . this is like the fourth time. So I recon that trumps leaks for now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: leaks