Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 GTO clone resto-mod project

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 68 GTO clone resto-mod project

Well, I've just bought a 1968 Lemans project car yesterday. Excited for my first 60s muscle car but I'm concerned with all the work needed. I need to work on body first and working from front forward or rear forward...bottom line is to use as much new GTO parts as I can, I may even go like 402ci LS. Lots of options but long road ahead.

I have so much to catch up on, reading and work wise. At least I have LS knowledge. I do plan to do the work myself and save coin wherever I can yet upgrade.

Any suggestions where to start is helpful. It is half a POS but I've seen people start with worse.
Attached Thumbnails 68 GTO clone resto-mod project-le4.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There was a thread running awhile back, 71 Lemans convert with late model GTO running gear. He made good use of nearly every system in the donor. Do a search you should be able to find it.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan,

I am the one that oldgoat is referring to (thanks for the recommendation oldgoat).

Check out my build thread by clicking on the link in my signature below. I did buy a wrecked 04 GTO for a donor and it worked out better than I had hoped. Still plugging away at it, most of the mechanical stuff is done and I am moving on to bodywork. Will try to update the thread sometime soon. Feel feel to PM me if you have any questions.

Phil

Last edited by fsdproject; 11-18-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: grammer

Quick Reply: 68 GTO clone resto-mod project