Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

E-Z efi vs E-Z efi 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Z efi vs E-Z efi 2.0

I have a junkyard ly6 from an '08 pickup and would like to get some input on what you guys think would be a better option.
Its going to be a street car mainly so I went with the gmpp dual plane. Might have the heads stage 1 ported my AI(is it worth it?), .040 haskets, small custom cam, pacesetter lt's. The bottom end will be left as it came from the factory.
The reason I ask is I will be going to a stroker in the future and using e85 since we have no pump gas above 91 and I plan on having decent compression, like 12.5:1 or more, on the 408(or larger). This is my first build and have no experience with this stuff so all input is appreciated. Basically are there any improvements from the first gen ez-efi to the second besides the e85 and n2o capabilites that would warrant spending the extra money right now?

Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong section. Figured since its a tbi setup and im using a carb intake you guys might let it slide. Thanks again for the help.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They will let you slide, they let me, LOL. Im running the GMPP dual plane with the Fast EZ 1 and I like it more every day! Im also running a baby cam, and the combo runs very well together. If the 2.0 had been available 3 yrs ago, I would have spent the extra money on it, just for the added room up top for HP increases and the ability to run spray. Its a good thing and a bad thing ,having the EZ1. It will probably save my combo from going up in smoke, because I would have a 100 shot sitting on go if it would let me, LOL.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Thats good to hear. Now If only I had the cash to go out and buy everything lol
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 AM
11 Second Club

i havent looked into the 2.0 yet cause im currently car less but still have my combo outta my stang i used the ezefi multi port on mine and was on E85 no major issues started up everytime no issues

Quick Reply: E-Z efi vs E-Z efi 2.0