Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls fox with superchargers?

Old 11-18-2013, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls fox with superchargers?

Hi everyone I bought a complete lq4 with 4l80e trans for my notch. I'm wanting to keep ac and ps as it's going to be a daily driver but would like 600whp. Now I think it might be tight to route a turbo setup but from what I seen on the swapped fox is that there is a good amount of room I between the engine and radiator. Could I just buy the mounting brackets for a procharger? I will be using the truck accessories. Has anyone done this?
Old 11-19-2013, 02:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real simple set up, no need for a procharger. Here is my lq4/4l80 notch, has ac as well. Power steering you may have to get a bit more creative on the turbo location but imo you could still fit one fairly easy, a good manual rack and skinnies on a fox hardly requires power steering anyways, thats the only thing I gave up when putting this car together. Here's some pics for reference. And the AC blows really cold too (important in this nasty FL weather)

Old 11-19-2013, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by geoff17
Real simple set up, no need for a procharger. Here is my lq4/4l80 notch, has ac as well. Power steering you may have to get a bit more creative on the turbo location but imo you could still fit one fairly easy, a good manual rack and skinnies on a fox hardly requires power steering anyways, thats the only thing I gave up when putting this car together. Here's some pics for reference. And the AC blows really cold too (important in this nasty FL weather)

I'm willing to give up ps. Is I swap in a Manuel rack how hard would it be to turn in regular wheels? Also you ran your ac lines inside the fender? What ac bracket is that and what ac compressor? Did you custom make the lines? Can you explain your ac setup to me thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 AM
9 Second Club

The manual rack is easier to turn than a power rack is without the pump. You can tell its manual steering when the car is not moving but its not that difficult to turn at all, fairly easy. I have only had my skinnies on since the manual rack so I can't answer how it would be with a full size front wheel and tire. The ac lines were custom made and I mounted the accumulator in the fender well (gives more room in the bay and keeps things looking neat). The ac setup is quite easy, stock 4cly condenser ($65 brand new) sanden ac compressor and the ac bracket is from lsbrackets.com and stock evap stuff under the dash (did not hook up heater hoses since I live in FL and never need it). The liquid line is also a stock 4 cyl fox liquid line (1993 fox). Any other questions feel free to ask.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by geoff17
The manual rack is easier to turn than a power rack is without the pump. You can tell its manual steering when the car is not moving but its not that difficult to turn at all, fairly easy. I have only had my skinnies on since the manual rack so I can't answer how it would be with a full size front wheel and tire. The ac lines were custom made and I mounted the accumulator in the fender well (gives more room in the bay and keeps things looking neat). The ac setup is quite easy, stock 4cly condenser ($65 brand new) sanden ac compressor and the ac bracket is from lsbrackets.com and stock evap stuff under the dash (did not hook up heater hoses since I live in FL and never need it). The liquid line is also a stock 4 cyl fox liquid line (1993 fox). Any other questions feel free to ask.
Ok my fox is a 92 4 cyl. Can you get a pic of how you mounted the accumulator. Also is it the stock 4cyl accumulator? Also your runing an f body water pump right? From the pics looks like you spaced it correct? We're the alternator? Driver bottom? The liquid line you say is stock is the one from the compressor to the condenser? Thanks your a real big help. What size turbo you runing?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

I'll try to get a pic of the accumulator tonight or tomorrow night for you. And yes I'm using 98-02 f-body front drive setup, f-body water pump, f-body alt bracket (had to drill/tap the iron block), truck alt though. No spacers on the water pump not sure why you would need to. The liquid line is from the bottom port of the condenser to the evap core connection on the firewall. The turbo is a turbonetics tc76 (76mm compressor wheel/68mm exh wheel and 3.5 inch down pipe) but I do plan on changing over to a PT88 eventually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls fox with superchargers?