Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTSV Navigation Screen Blank!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTSV Navigation Screen Blank!

Hey guys, I bought a used navigation unit off eBay recently. It was out of a car with 16,000 miles supposedly. I installed it, it worked but said Theftlock Activated. I took it to the Cadillac dealer and had them program the radio. it worked great for about 30 minutes. I stopped at a store and when I came out and turned on the car the screen is blank. No lights and if I turn up the volume it sounds like there is a faint sound.

Wondering what could be wrong? Did my screen go bad? Does anyone know what connections go to the screen and is it possible that one of those is bad?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Guys!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beck2013
Hey guys, I bought a used navigation unit off eBay recently. It was out of a car with 16,000 miles supposedly. I installed it, it worked but said Theftlock Activated. I took it to the Cadillac dealer and had them program the radio. it worked great for about 30 minutes. I stopped at a store and when I came out and turned on the car the screen is blank. No lights and if I turn up the volume it sounds like there is a faint sound.

Wondering what could be wrong? Did my screen go bad? Does anyone know what connections go to the screen and is it possible that one of those is bad?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Guys!
I would check all the connection first. Maybe a plug came out.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Teching In

I have tried all the plugs that are in the back of the radio, Ill look into that further tomorrow night.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

check right in front of the shifter. there is a main lead there and could have gotten loose with you tugging on the wires up by the headunit.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Do I have to remove some of the console or when I take off the heat and AC control panel will I be able to see it?

Quick Reply: CTSV Navigation Screen Blank!