Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay true duals install HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay true duals install HELP!!!!!!!!!!

OK. This is the one on eBay that looks similar to the tsp true duals. Where do I bolt in the hangers on the mufflers? Do I just mock it all up with light clamping all the way out the the back, mark some holes, drill then install bolts then just tighten it all up? OK maybe I answered my question but can someone give me other hints to this endeavor. Maybe pics of where in the cabin to make my holes? I already took my rear seats completely out. So that is complete.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Teching In

So here's an update. I bolted it all up. Liked good. Dropped it back down and damn near the whole exhaist is laying on the ground. Don't buy this eBay exhaust. Unless I'm just a complete noob....... Well....... I am. But I'm mechanically inclined. So I'll get up in the morning and try again.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Im not of fan of this system , this not my idea of TDs.I don't have anything good to say about it. You will never have great ground clearance , just do the best you can. As for hangers the best is the seat belt bolts for the rear seats , but don't think it will work for you on this system. IMHO a exhaust system should be high and tight and all the way out the back or sides at least.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take it to an exhaust shop, they should be able to tuck it up nice
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Well I'm talking with them about it right now. The problem I think I have is that I'm running old style slip headers and they fabbed it up on a different set of long tubes. Which look at theirs lts and my lts there is a huge difference. There's was all tucked up no clearence issues
Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
take it to an exhaust shop, they should be able to tuck it up nice
Well seeing as I used my last paycheck to fly my wife home for Xmas to her parents and I just got of the army and stuck at her parents cuz of my old exhaist being ripped off by a semi truck retread taking it to shop here in Indiana ain't in the cards. So I gotta do what I possibly can by Wednesday. Trying to get it done to be with my dad. It's his last thanksgiving possibly.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post a pic of this? Ebay is blocked on my work computer, but if they are anything like TSP TDs, they weren't the most straightforward thing to install, but ended up getting nice ground clearance.

-J
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Well. Today was a success. Somewhat. Even tho I jacked up the rear end and put standsnat the sway bar bushings and up front on the sbc's, the "" mufflers "" still hang low at the back. But it will get me to Detroit and I'll put it on an alignment rack to work the rest. The axle back section doesn't want to line up at all. What I had to do was reloosen the whole setup. Tie comalong to the Xpipe and the other end to the jack stand. Then used a jack to jack up the pipes and then drilled holes in the seat backs. But given that for some reason the rear suspension was unsprung still I coukdnt get it much higher. The hard part is done and a good exhaust shop can do the rest.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally it sounded like your old headers were the issue, but now it sounds like you've moved the problem to the mufflers. I'm here to say the kit worked fine for me, plenty of clearance. I installed mine under the car on jack stands, so keep working on it and don't give up!
The following users liked this post:
fucter (09-17-2021)
Old 11-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

The left header pipe had to be backed off from the o2 about 1.5 inches. I had to use the adapter still on passenger side. But the damn axle back pipes are beyong me. I'm sure if I were to have more time and more knowledge I could have gotten this completed. Not much clearemce right now. But. I will keep it up when ever I have free time and jack stands and what not. When I get to Detroit area I won't have anything to work with at all.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

i found it easiest to put the car on jack stands and put the jack under the x pipe and jack it up as far as it would go then adjust the pipes to it. i ended up with better ground clearance with my td than i do with a y pipe set up.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Well today my half assed job took it's toll. I hit a good spot on the road pulling out of a 7-11 after getting told I had a beautiful vehicle, got to a street I could park the car and left muffler pipe came off. no damage to anything just pride. From bottoming it out it had bend that bs hanger rubber and bolt plate that came from the manufacturer. So I got a line on a damn good exhaust shop here in the area of Michigan I'm at, so I'll be heading over there tomorrow to drop her off. These issues have all been from my own impatience. So she should be buttoned up real well. I'll ask the guys to do up some pics underneath so I can post them in here for people's reference in case they come across any similar noob issues like I did. Yes it way more fun to do yourself but I'd rather have it done right once then 5 times f@#$ed up
Old 11-25-2013, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Hope you have better luck and get it fixed. I cut ~1/2" off of the passenger side behind the header to get it to fit better. Welded mine all up and it fits great. I'm running tsp 1 7/8 headers and couldnt be happier. Like stated above, my 3" duals actually have more ground clearance than my tsp y pipe setup did. this is the only picture i have of it, but i would recommend welding it all up. if youre dumping it before the axle, you can remove the whole exhasut by just removing the clamps from the collectors and sliding it off the hangers.
Attached Thumbnails eBay true duals install HELP!!!!!!!!!!-1.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

mine is also totally welded except for the header collectors, but you need to have the rear jacked up instead of suspending because otherwise the driveshaft will be lower and give you no clearance.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Agreed. Its pretty tight on the ds so having the rear suspension loaded would certainly help to line everything up
Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Yea. That was the downfall. But I'm headed to the shop tomorrow they have. Limo lift there. So they will have no issue. These guys did an exhaust for a c5 limo. So I'm more than sure these guys will accomplish what I couldnt
Old 11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Let us know how it turns out
Old 11-28-2013, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any vids of this system? I would like to get them but am concerned about the crazy noise that comes with true duals. I have a 224 cam.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Mine was very tame on a stock cam but wild with my 235/243. Wish I took a video before the cam but I can get one with the cam

Quick Reply: eBay true duals install HELP!!!!!!!!!!