Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Carb drift car input(

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb drift car input(

hey guys, new to this fourm and chevy engines. i have a bmw that ive been drifting for the past years and just resently turboed it. well to be honest turbos are cool but it sucks owning one. so im saying f it and going v8 like everyone else. dont plan on spending alot of money. so im planning on picking up a 5.3 for the fact its less displacement and can rev a bit higher than the 5.7. i would like to get it clost to 7k rev range if possible. also would like to throw up the compression to around 13 to 1 (running race gas). what would be the best way of doing that, (shave the heads, headgaskets, or would i need different pistons).im saying **** the wiring too and planning on throwing a carb on it. bottom end is going to stay stock if i dont have to get parts for it. what type of spring rates for the valve should i be looking at and what type of carb would be good for sideways g's. what size cam would also be good. should i switch the rockers too or should i save my money for another time. any advice on good rollers or would almost anything work.any info would help, like i said i dont know much about chevy engines yet since ive always worked on bmws.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:27 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I run my 5.3s to 7200. The current has the edelbrock 2216 cam. Just regular drop in springs good for .600 lift, my edelbrock cam is .540 lift.

A off road carb setup would probably be key to accepting radical changes in angles of acceleration and deceleration.

I run stock rockers and pushrods with this cam as well.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much power are you looking at.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:25 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

420ish at the flexplate. Maybe more. Went 7.7 in the 1/8th, no tuning. So plenty of power.

Quick Reply: Carb drift car input(