Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes

I get a lot of questions about how to get the v6 return system to work with the v8 return less fuel system. So here is what I did. Feel free to comment if you found other ways, as I'm positive there are more.

I started out with buying a complete v8 fuel pump/bucket assembly. I bought a new Delphi unit. The reason I swapped the whole bucket instead of using a Walbro or similar, is for the in tank regulator that is not on the v6 bucket.

I have personally done both the trap door, and dropped the tank. Neither are to hard. The tank comes out with the removal of the rear shock bolts, pan-hard support brace, a few connections, the filler neck bolts and cap covers, and the straps. The hard part is getting it back in by yourself. The trap door needs a good set of snips. Carful with any cutting tools as there are fuel lines and electrical connections directly underneath the area needing to be cut.

V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes-image-2749731595.jpg

V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes-image-227258589.jpg

V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes-image-3277284775.jpg

Now for the lines. It is possible to find some v8 complete fuel lines from a donor car. When I tried to do this, I was in a hurry, which made it very difficult to find any. I asked numerous local part-out donors and non were willing to take the lines off. I was out of luck, but maybe you won't be.

I decided to make my own lines, using the existing lines.

Here is a picture off google of ls1 stock lines.

V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes-image-2183761062.jpg

Here is what I made from the v6 lines

V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes-image-907325172.jpg

I went to Napa and showed them a picture of the factory fuel T block. They found a brass T block I could use. I also got the fittings to thread into the block, and accept a flare fitting to attach the lines. The return line is smaller than the feed. I believe it's 1/2 feed and 3/8 return. That means you need two 1/2 and one 3/8 fittings that's thread into the T block, and the matching flare fittings.

Cut the feed line, and take a bit out to fit the T. Slip a fitting onto each side of the cut feed and flare the ends, you are now able to tighten the T and complete the feed. Now cut the existing return so that it can fit into the T block. Slide the fitting on and flare it. Now you should have the completed lines.

A flaring and cutting tool and be bought from napa or anywhere else for not a lot of cash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-907325172.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	427447

See the open ended return? That just dead ends in the engine bay. No big deal. You should be good to go now.

Quick Reply: V6 - V8 3.8 Ls1 fuel line fixes