Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Karb King, anyone use them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Karb King, anyone use them?

Ran across an ad for a place in Pittsburgh called Karb King that mail order repairs and builds carbs. Did some web searches and they seem to have a pretty good rep. Anyone here use them?

http://karbking.com/

I like how they have enough cores to fix whatever you send them, but also have a pro systems like service and can get the tune close from your specs.

The web site is good, the advice column has lots of good info.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend has sent them a few oem carbs and had them freshened up. They do a good job from what he says and Ive seen.

You don't have to send your carb in to get that 50cc pump put on it, we will do it for you, lol
Old 12-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Karb King and had excellent results. I had them do a Q-jet for my 454 'Burban and the darn thing felt like I had an engine rebuild. I've since used Them for a full race custom built 850 Holley with an hp body for my Chevy 2, and it was only like $350, where's everyone else wanted at least twice that. No more stumble, and the rejetted it for nothing when I swapped cams. Did my son's 600, too. Great prices and good people to deal with.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snook
You don't have to send your carb in to get that 50cc pump put on it, we will do it for you, lol
My 50 cc pump is in a ziplock bag where it belongs but thanks for the offer.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
My 50 cc pump is in a ziplock bag where it belongs but thanks for the offer.

lol

Same thing on my friends quadrajet, they made it feel like a new engine. It was the big quadrajet
Old 11-07-2014, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

I've used them and I would have been better off taking $145 and throwing it in the street.

Sent them a carb in September, many, many telephone calls, multiple emails and finally I received something yesterday and it is a worse carburetor than I sent them.

Sent them an email and they respond by stating they wish I hadn't posted a bad review about them. Understand they had some issues but, if they would just communicate these and not threaten me I would work with them.

I should have just rebuilt it myself. Lesson learned.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Default Beware karbking

Renegade, I was screwed out of $230 by these bastards! I contacted the Attorney General of PA. They run out of an automotive shop called Motive Parts of Homestead, PA 15120 (412) 461-4942. So far the "owner" of Karbking Mitchell Kranefus, has refused to refund my money or send the carb they promised since he was payed Dec 2014. I sent a bad review on google and they again refused to send me a carb or refund my money. Trying to blackmail me?
Anyone else having issues with these low life scum bags please contact;

Matthew Kreush mkreush@attorneygeneral.gov
Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
564 Forbes Avenue, 6th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
P 412.565.3533
F 412.880.0196
Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Already submitted a complaint thru BBB and the AG's office. Will have to follow up with a call. I even had a thought about mail fraud...
Old 04-15-2015, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i used them about 2 years ago, was a waste. They were to pull it completely apart, rebuild it, and set a base tune for my setup. I took it apart to look at what they did, they cleaned it, changed the jets, and new gaskets. They left in a obviously blown power valve. I replaced that and put it on, it ran like crap. Pulled it off and apart again. The needle on the accelerator pump was crusty and stuck in there. they didn't even check it obviously because of all the build up that was on it. So no, I was not happy with them.

Quick Reply: Karb King, anyone use them?