Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firecore LS1 Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Firecore LS1 Plug Wires

I wanted to share a recent purchase. I noticed there was very little information and pics regarding Firecore's offerings. I retired a set of MSDs that I bought a long time ago from a sponsor here. They have been R+R a million times and still work. So nothing but love for them, but it was time for something new. I contacted Firecore directly and he steered me to IPS Motorsports. They are heavily involved in LS stuff. I sent him an email over the weekend and before noon on Monday morning I had a tracking number. He sent me out a set that has a ProMod45 boot on them. They are bendable AND trimable. Mine are bent but in an un-trimmed state. Fit, overall, was as good or better then the MSDs, and quality feel was as good or better then the MSDs. While Firecore may be new to the LS game, they have a stellar reputation in general. Some pics for those curious: I wanted to show the fit. My headers are 1 7/8 which is hard on plug boots.

Driver's side:

Passenger side:

Here's another boot they offer for LS applications:

Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the fireCore on mine but used heat socks & on 2 of the worst wire to header contact used their extreme heat coating plus the heat sock.

Have no pics at present, just an idle clip with Tick sns stg 3

Quick Reply: Firecore LS1 Plug Wires