Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Single fuel set up??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single fuel set up??

Hi new to the site. I'm doing an ls1/t56 in my 64 SS Impala. My question is. Doing a single line fuel set up with a walbro 255, corvette reg. my ls1 has 2 lines 1 at fuel rail and a return. What do I do with the return set up at manifold.and do I need a new fuel rail, the stock 02 ls1 looks like it has a reg in the fuel rails.Thanks Sean

Last edited by Metal Shop; 12-07-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added more text
Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Wow, tough crowd here.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

i hate to be an *******, but its extremely difficult to decipher what you wrote and even more difficult do figure out what you want.

Originally Posted by Metal Shop
my ls1 has 2 lines 1 at fuel rail and a return.
are you referring to the fuel rail or the fuel line itself / fuel lines themselves? if the rail, are you trying to tell us that it has two lines going to it: one fuel feed and one fuel return? if yes, then you may have a 1997/1998 C5 Corvette fuel rail. below is a picture from vettenuts.

Doing a single line fuel set up with a walbro 255, corvette reg
this is clear as mud, too. is it safe to assume that what you want is what most vehicles out there have? i.e., a single fuel tank, a single feed line and a single return line? (since their discharge can be Y-ed together, the number of pumps is irrelevant in this instance)

What do I do with the return set up at manifold
which manifold, the intake manifold? that's what initially comes to mind, but i don't know anyone who regularly associates a fuel return with an intake manifold...most people say "at the rail." please confirm.

the stock 02 ls1 looks like it has a reg in the fuel rails.
looks can be deceiving. only the 1997/1998 C5 Corvettes had fuel pressure regulators installed in the fuel rail. please have a look at the picture above.

could you try rewriting your original post? perhaps include details on the car from which you received your donor LS1 parts.
Attached Thumbnails Single fuel set up??-ls1rail.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

Your 02 rails do NOT have a regulator. Gm calls it a pulsator. We offer a complete kit with everything needed to hook your tank/pump tot he fuel rail. http://www.nastyperformance.com/shop...fuel-line-kit/

Can also give us a call I will help you do custom setup for your needs.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. 1 last ?. On a corvette fuel filter/regulator. It is not marked nor has an arrow on it, which end is the inlet and outlet. I do know which fitting is the return.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Ur outlet is gona be the single one and the coming from ur tank to the filter goes to the same size fitting and and the smaller fitting of the two is ur return.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Single fuel set up??-fuel.jpgIs this correct.

Quick Reply: Single fuel set up??