Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint for spoiler and CETA

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint for spoiler and CETA

Hello everyone! I wanted to get some folks input as how I should paint some accents on the car. Currently I have rattle canned the sail panel, spoiler and bumper CETA style in satin black. Here is what it currently looks like:

I will be installing a new Sail Panel that is Carbon Fiber and therefore glossy. I wanted some opinions as to what I should do with the spoiler and CETA mod. Should I keep them satin or should I re-spray them in a 2 stage gloss? Or should I do the spoiler gloss and CETA satin?

All opinions welcome. Please keep insults and nastiness outside. This is for educated opinions only. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the satin look, and when I finish my car that is exactly how I plan on painting it!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

your actually halfway to a look I'm considering, but you need to do the side skirts and the lettering on the door to match the wing/CETA/sail (which should ALL match) then you need to find spots on the front bumper to blackout to tie the look together. I wouldn't mix different flat and gloss and carbon fiber, I think it would be to busy, best to keep it to body color and 1 accent color with the same finish all around.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
your actually halfway to a look I'm considering, but you need to do the side skirts and the lettering on the door to match the wing/CETA/sail (which should ALL match) then you need to find spots on the front bumper to blackout to tie the look together. I wouldn't mix different flat and gloss and carbon fiber, I think it would be to busy, best to keep it to body color and 1 accent color with the same finish all around.
My scheme will eventually include painting the side mirrors black along with covering the door lettering, rear pontiac and front license plate bird in mirrored onyx stainless. Possibly something black on an aftermarket hood. I don't think the side skirts would look good with a contrasting color. Since carbon fiber is in a sense, black or charcoal colored I don't see how the scheme would be too busy by essentially being two-toned.

My current accents are satin because I was digging the non-gloss look, which I still like. However since my new sail panel is CF and therefore inherently shiny, it stands to reason I should match the other top end pieces like the spoiler and side mirrors to that same standard. I am considering keeping the CETA mod satin though as I don't particularly care for the look in any of the pics I've seen of folks who have done it in gloss.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Launching!

i know this is an old thread, but i would suggest having the spoiler done in carbon fiber. anyone near you doing hydrographics?

Quick Reply: Paint for spoiler and CETA