Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member '69 Camaro LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member '69 Camaro LS swap

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a long time and decided to join since I'm about to do my first LS swap into a '69 Camaro. I know I'll need a lot of help and this seems to be one of the best spots on the net for anything LS related.

I just received an LS1 and T56 out of a 2004 GTO yesterday and even though I thought I was prepared for the work that needs to be done, I was quite daunted by the mess of wiring that came with it. I'm not too worried about anything mechanical but the computer/wiring related stuff will be a big learning experience.

From the research I've done so far, I know there is an issue with getting the fans to work and the AC to work that's specific to the GTO PCM and harness. My setup came with an extra box that has a "throttle position" something or other and a "Powertrain interface" box that are together. As I understand it, this isn't the BCM and won't help with the issue correct?

Anyway, I'll do some more searching around here and hope to find out how to modify the harness myself and get everything to work. Any tips or links to the information I need would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: New Member '69 Camaro LS swap