Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9'' and 4 channel TCS/ABS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MWC 9'' and 4 channel TCS/ABS

is there anyone with full ABS/TCS running a 9'' with no issues? After a search there is only 1 thread where someone ran into problems, I am trying to make a decision on rear end this week and looking for feedback.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Plenty of issues here and everywhere else. Just not always posted...ABS Inop, TC light goes on and off.... Dash looks like a damn Christmas tree.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a need for the abs/ tcs? Do u drive much in rain?
Old 12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my MWC w/4 channel for almost 4 years now and never had a problem. traction and ABS works just like they did with the stock 10 bolt. I drive my Camaro in all weather conditions. If i did it again, i would probably drop the TCS cause I dont drive the car as much anymore, but I do not consider it a weak point. never had an issue.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The 4ch system is very sensitive, but we usually don't have any problems with it. If you have the need for retaining it then it is worth doing, but chances are most people have never had the need/used for the abs system or the traction control system. There's not a lot to it, but it only takes one little thing like a intermittent/poor connection that looks fine to the eyes, slight runout in the reluctor to sensor clearance, sensor resistance out of spec, etc.

I have seen Moser, Strange, and other rears have issues with the 4ch systems as well. Like I said, not too often, but not impossible.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 4ch on my Moser 9" only 700 miles on it but no problems at all. It works and I want/need it to since I let me wife drive it. It was a must to keep for me
Old 12-15-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The 4ch system is very sensitive, but we usually don't have any problems with it. If you have the need for retaining it then it is worth doing, but chances are most people have never had the need/used for the abs system or the traction control system. There's not a lot to it, but it only takes one little thing like a intermittent/poor connection that looks fine to the eyes, slight runout in the reluctor to sensor clearance, sensor resistance out of spec, etc.

I have seen Moser, Strange, and other rears have issues with the 4ch systems as well. Like I said, not too often, but not impossible.
Well I'm thrilled to see you've changed your attitude regarding this issue. The truth is that the stock system is finicky........real finicky. And, when you install an aftermarket rear end there is a decent chance it won't work. I bought a Strange 12 bolt and the rear end is kick ***, except the reluctors don't sit right and my ABS has never worked since. Worked everyday for 11 years before (on the 10 bolt).......I did an ABS delete and said the hell with it. The stock system doesn't allow for variation in relation to the reluctor, it's true-ness, and the sensor separation from it. Get it wrong, and the stock system says F you. Just how it goes.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am trying to decide on the S60 or MWC 9''... Noise and Function are high on the priority list. I didn't have any issues with my old S60 but I wanted to try something new with this one.

I WANT to retain ABS/TCS since my Wife will drive the car too.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am trying to decide on the S60 or MWC 9''... Noise and Function are high on the priority list. I didn't have any issues with my old S60 but I wanted to try something new with this one.

I WANT to retain ABS/TCS since my Wife will drive the car too.

Give us a call. We can go over your needs and put you in the correct rear end. We have guaranteed lowest prices on all of your needs. We can also answer any questions you have about the ABS and 4ch. We are open everyday from 8am-5pm. Monday-Friday.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kinda late but I've had my MWC 9 been driving since 2011 & about 20,000 miles. No issues at all, have abs & tc my light never comes on. Mine is 4 channel.

Quick Reply: MWC 9'' and 4 channel TCS/ABS