Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head & Cam Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head & Cam Question

lets say i decide to get a head and cam package would it be better to leave the car with stock compression or will the car gain more power with higher compression. and if i do decide to go with a higher compression whats the cons against it. my idea was getting some PP LS6 Stage 2 heads and a nice big cam to go with it. course after i get some Longtubes and True Duals Done .
Old 05-09-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you raise the compression too much,then you risk detonation.then you need to run higher octane gas.the plus is by raising the compression,especially with a bigger cam,you will get back a little low end tq that you lost with the big cam.raising the compression gives you more power across the powerband.if you go no higher than 11.1,and with a bigger cam,you should be safe on 93 octane with a good afr around 12.8-1 at wot.but i would ask the company you buy the heads from to be sure.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like a plan i just wanted to get my options open b4 i did anythin stupid lol. i'll probably do a head and cam swap and then decide on what the manufacturer says about highering compression.