Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

single plane, manual trans guys.......

Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default single plane, manual trans guys.......

Who's single plane with a manual trans and loving it ??

info that would be appreciated......

IVC @ .050 ??
what rpm does TQ peak at ??
what rpm does HP peak at ??
cubic inch ??
gear ??
tire ??

And a dyno graph would be killer.....

Thanks...
Old 12-18-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Man, thanks for taking the time for such a detailed reply.

Couple of question/observations.....

Do you have any "pre" single plane info (Fast), like a back to back comparison ??

Also, on the dyno info, it says 355" and 427", is that a typo ??

My goal is to not "hurt" my 60' but help my rpm drop by bringing peak TQ up the band about 500rpm, thus helping shift recovery.

So, is summary.....my main concern is softening the bottom to much and ultimately hurting my 60' in an attempt to make the car quicker.

Last edited by LSOHOLIC; 12-18-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if you lost mid range power with a single plane, then you dont have the right camshaft for it

when I switched from my fast 90 to Super Victor, I gained power everywhere because I had a cam made for it.

single plane cams like more exhaust duration and they like to have a close lobe separation and they like to installed closer to a 106/108 ICL..or even lower sometimes.

if you arent willing to change cams with the intake, then dont change the intake...simple as that.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by soundengineer
if you lost mid range power with a single plane, then you dont have the right camshaft for it

when I switched from my fast 90 to Super Victor, I gained power everywhere because I had a cam made for it.

single plane cams like more exhaust duration and they like to have a close lobe separation and they like to installed closer to a 106/108 ICL..or even lower sometimes.

if you arent willing to change cams with the intake, then dont change the intake...simple as that.
ummmm.......well of course a cam change would be step one. That's why I asked about IVC numbers and cubes.

Yes, I currently have a 12* split on a 107 ICL with a Fast 102.....does alright.

This is a clutch car with gear limited options.....so no cushy convertor to help with a shitty TQ curve.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still breaking mine in on a base tune so no dyno numbers yet.

408 CID
AI Ported 317 heads
9.4:1 Compression
Vic Jr w/Aaron's elbow
90mm Fast TB
235/247 115+6 Tick cam
83 lb/hr injectors

It'll have a pair of 66mm turbos on it somewhere down the line but so far it drives like a dream. In a 3500lb Z28 it will put a car length or better on a new Z06. I'd guess somewhere around the 470-490 rwhp. Should know for sure in January.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: single plane, manual trans guys.......