Duck Dynasty.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Duck Dynasty.......

Is it just me who doesnt give 2 ***** that the guy got fired ? Everywhere i turn, DD this, phil that.....

But yet everything else going wrong right now, to me anyways, is being over shadowed ?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Everyone wants to blow **** out of proportion. He said what he believes. If your offended by what someone says get the hell over it damn cry babies.
Oh hes a gay basher cry cry cry im offended blah blah blah. SHUT THE **** UP AND GET OVER IT. People act like grown *** Babies. End of rant LOL
Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He has a right to his opinion and freedom of speech.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
He has a right to his opinion and freedom of speech.
Amen
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Over done? probably. It will be news until something else comes along.

But, let's look at the issue with all of the bullshit stripped away. A guy loses his job because of his opinion on a subject. This is not about Christianity , the bible, or gays. He was asked his opinion and gave it. Because his employer belongs to the spineless flock of sheep who have no opinions or ideas of there own, they fire him so not to offend anyone. I have an issue with it. As long as Americans take the "It's not my problem" approach, things will progressively get worse. The media and the elected officials are destroying our country by punishing those who exercise their rights.

Yes, it will be on every media outlet for many days to come. BUT.....if you are going to get worked up over it, funnel that frustration towards defending the rights of a man that are being trampled on.

In closing, those are the same rights that many great men and women have died defending.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's his opinion, so who cares. It's all whiny bitches and politics. **** every form of reality tv. Eh, **** tv in general. It's all a bunch if garbage.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

In this PC society, unfortunately you pay for things you say as a celebrity. It's sad that this country has come to that.

It's going to end up having the chickfila effect from glaad. The reverse will happen. Twice as many people will watch it. Wait for this next seasons ratings, which has been filmed, edited and ready to go. The ratings will be higher than ever.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Amen brother us Americans need to rise and take this country back

Originally Posted by mr haney
Over done? probably. It will be news until something else comes along.

But, let's look at the issue with all of the bullshit stripped away. A guy loses his job because of his opinion on a subject. This is not about Christianity , the bible, or gays. He was asked his opinion and gave it. Because his employer belongs to the spineless flock of sheep who have no opinions or ideas of there own, they fire him so not to offend anyone. I have an issue with it. As long as Americans take the "It's not my problem" approach, things will progressively get worse. The media and the elected officials are destroying our country by punishing those who exercise their rights.

Yes, it will be on every media outlet for many days to come. BUT.....if you are going to get worked up over it, funnel that frustration towards defending the rights of a man that are being trampled on.

In closing, those are the same rights that many great men and women have died defending.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

I fully support gay rights. I have several gay friends of both sexes, and they are awesome people. That being said, I also fully support everyone being entitled to their own opinion. I'm sick of this double standard crap. If gays and supporters have the right to voice their opinion, so should people opposing it, assuming it's not just blind, hateful comments.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I fully support gay rights. I have several gay friends of both sexes, and they are awesome people. That being said, I also fully support everyone being entitled to their own opinion. I'm sick of this double standard crap. If gays and supporters have the right to voice their opinion, so should people opposing it, assuming it's not just blind, hateful comments.
You are 100% right, Slash. But why do we label our rights? I like to compare rights and laws. We don't have straight laws or gay laws. We also don't have straight rights or gay rights. There are laws and there are rights. The laws should be enforced and the rights should be protected equally for every American citizen. I may not agree with every law. I may not agree with choices someone makes. But as a citizen of this country, I will (try) to obey the law and I will respect the rights of others.
With that said, I despise baggy *** pants. But people have the right to wear them like that if they chose. But I have the right to prohibit someone from wearing that crap at my house.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So...correct me if i am wrong, but isn't the DD show about their lives? If so I would tell the camera crew to get lost. If you ask my opinion and then want to fire me for telling you what you asked....I would tell you all to get bent and get out. They don't need the money or the tv exposure...then again he may have gotten exactly what he wanted. I'm not sure how anyone would really do with a camera crew following you around all the time. It has to be frustrating.

Bottom line. If you don't want to hear or agree with what someone has to say then don't ask!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mr haney
You are 100% right, Slash. But why do we label our rights? I like to compare rights and laws. We don't have straight laws or gay laws. We also don't have straight rights or gay rights. There are laws and there are rights. The laws should be enforced and the rights should be protected equally for every American citizen. I may not agree with every law. I may not agree with choices someone makes. But as a citizen of this country, I will (try) to obey the law and I will respect the rights of others.
With that said, I despise baggy *** pants. But people have the right to wear them like that if they chose. But I have the right to prohibit someone from wearing that crap at my house.
Yep. Sort of like, "I disagree with what you say, but I defend your right to say it." Perhaps I should have said I support Equal Rights instead.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

its a publicity stunt, remember dog the bounty hunter a few years back? phil will have a new show on cmt in like a week. eh
Old 12-20-2013, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

I dont support Gays or Lesbians and I dont like that they are cramming their agenda up my ***. Your a guy and want to suck dick or your a chic who wants to lick ******, go ahead, I dont care. But dont force me to have to like it.

I'm a Christian but I am not pouinding you over the head with a bible or calling you vile and sinner or hoping you die from aids. Being Gay is your choice, keep it to yourself.

Stop crying because Phil or Willie or some other Bible believing American doesnt share your view. Its like your a Ford owner and you want everyone to accept the new Mustang and get rid of Chevrolet.

Well you can go straight to HELL. I will keep my Chevy and my Bible and I will pray to God and ask Jesus to give me the strength to not smote your sorry *** into extinction!!

But really, I hate violence.

Merry Christmas fellas!

Chad
Old 12-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Well said Chad!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:15 AM

right on Chad!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boofthese
Is it just me who doesnt give 2 ***** that the guy got fired ? Everywhere i turn, DD this, phil that.....

But yet everything else going wrong right now, to me anyways, is being over shadowed ?
No ****, right? I lost my cat last week. J/K It seems to have been this way since I can remember. I try to do my part by not giving cable/satellite companies my cash to put **** in my TV like DD, Miley Cirus, and all the other useless **** I could care less about. This thread is going to bring out the homophobes and holy rollers like crazy.... OH ****, too late. LOL
Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codyvette
No ****, right? I lost my cat last week. J/K It seems to have been this way since I can remember. I try to do my part by not giving cable/satellite companies my cash to put **** in my TV like DD, Miley Cirus, and all the other useless **** I could care less about. This thread is going to bring out the homophobes and holy rollers like crazy.... OH ****, too late. LOL
Exactly and who the **** is Phil??
Old 12-20-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you idiots in here actually read the things he said in the article?

He is an ignorant old man.

Who doesn't have the right to do or say as he pleases because of the contracts that he is under.

A&E can fire him for it if they want to.

We as people are responsible for our words.

Yes we can say what we want, but we must also accept any judgement or repercussions we experience because of it.

If I want down the road saying "I hate blacks, or I hate Jews"

And a group of Jews or blacks come and beat the **** out of me.

Or the guy I work for doesn't like that **** and fires me.

That's what the **** I get.

Quick Reply: Duck Dynasty.......