Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

oil pressure issues and oil adapter

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure issues and oil adapter

New motor and new turbo setup. After hitting boost for a minute my oil pressure drops a LOT. like 5-10lbs. If I don't get into boost it stays around 30-40. I haven't checked it with a manual gauge because my oil feed plate has only one feed on it. What adapter can I get for a feed line, oil cooler lines, oil temp and oil pressure? Also.. When I go higher in rpms it seems to stay or lower some.. Its so hard to explain. If I'm cruising in 5th gear and give it 10% throttle the pressure drops like 2psi then let off the throttle and it raises back to 40.. Ive done like 6 oil changes with all kinds of oil. They're all the same. Now I have 20w-50 with a half bottle of Lucas oil stabalizer. Does fine until it heats up then 20psi at idle. 30 at 1800rpm. The stock gauge also flickers a little bit. Its a new opsu. Anyways.. Which adapter and where can I get it? And which oil cooler should I get? And manual gauges and all that? Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails oil pressure issues and oil adapter-forumrunner_20131221_005311.png  
Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Improved Racing sells a nice oil cooler adapter.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

Kurt urban used to make a nice 4 port adaptee that would screw into the stock oil pressure spot and still be able to use it. Otherwise you can drill /tap the cast feed port right above the oil filter or you might be able to use an autometer 16mm x 1.5 to 1/8npt adapter and use it in the front driver side oil galley plug. Sounds oil pump or bearing clearance deal if the gage is right.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Hey thanks for the replies. I looked at improved racing but they don't have with an oil cooler and 3 ports. Where do I see Keith Urban's stuff? I don't know if its a clearance issue or pump because if I don't beat on it, it's fine. I think its the oil getting too hot going through the turbo.

Quick Reply: oil pressure issues and oil adapter