Drag Racing Tech - Race Results-I have good news again!

Villain281H
05-09-2004, 12:59 PM
It seems hopefully that my season is getting some turn around. After starting off the year with a 3-6 record in 5 events, I've gone 3 rounds in 2 weeks in the Nova, and the trusty Formula had a 5-1 record at moroso a few weeks back.

Yesterday was the National Dragster Challenge at Gainesville Raceway. I just wanted a round or 2 win and I'd be happy. Well I had a tough 1st round pull, a girl I've run a few times before and a good racer. check out the incrementals:

Her / Me
.028 / .019 RT
1.826 / 1.600 60 foot
12.74 / 11.53 Dial
12.736 / 11.542 Actual ET
107.66 / 114.59 MPH

I thought I was going to catch her but at the last minute I hit the brakes (normally I go 115.5 something). She took a 7 thousandths stripe, and boy was I happy to get the win!

To cut to the chase, I somehow waded through 5 more rounds to win my class, some points and money, as well as a Wally! I had some good rounds, but I cut an .066 light in the final, but my opponent was even later and I was able to lift and go 1 over to his dead-on the dial.

So now the mantle above the fireplace has a new Wally, and somehow I now have a total of 4 (2 mini ones and 2 gold championship ones). In a few days the track website should be updated, and I'm sure you can see my smiling mug on it! Check out www.gainesvilleraceway.com (http://www.gainesvilleraceway.com/)

Hope everyone did well this weekend, post up!

Derek

86 IROC
05-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Great news to hear Derek. :thumb: Still trying to get my buddy w/ the 91' to commit to an actual time & day for our race. I did my gears yesterday, and my ASP pulley is in the mail. :devil: The longer he waits, the faster I get. Hope to see you at G'ville soon.

Coach 02 A3 Z/28
05-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Sweet Derek.

Great job of driving Brother. I bet it feels real good to get the monkey off your back.

the National Dragster Challenge race is a cool race. I raced in it 2 years ago at the Motorplex in Ennis, Texas.

Coach

Navy David SS
05-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Congrats

David

Villain281H
05-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Coach,
Well the monkey is off, but still lurking around the pits. Hopefully I can give him a small kick towards someone else's area this weekend. Felt good to go a few rounds.

Brian,
Cool man, glad to see you're still tinkering with your camaro, let me know when you decide to head north!