Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

mod turbo hotside setup q's

Old 12-25-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mod turbo hotside setup q's

So a guy is trying to sell me a modular turbo hotside setup with truck manifolds. I went on their site and couldn't get the pictures I was looking for. Is anyone on here running that setup? I did some searching on google and didn't find much info. I would like to see some installed pics please. The site says you can only run up to a 78mm turbo due to the fact of stock location of radiator. I would like to run bigger then that and don't mind moving the radiator and fans. Please anyone with info I would appreciate any info. I know they aren't a sponsor anymore I hope this doesn't get deleted
Old 12-25-2013, 06:59 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't see any issue with it at this point... as long as it doesn't turn into an advertisement for Modular Turbo since they are no longer a sponsor.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I am curious about this as well. I have been wondering why no one runs this setup especially for the price. I tried searching earlier today and really didn't find much at all about them.

It does worry me that they are no longer a sponsor though. Without going into specifics was it because of shady dealings or something else?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i gave them a call yesterday and spoke with Rob i believe. first off very very nice guy. was very helpful especially since i wasnt buying anything from him and provided me with all the info i needed and why they arent a sponor here anymore etc...this kit was built around a stock radiator and stock k frame setup. he said the biggest turbo he knew of that they fit was a large frame t4 such as a tc78 etc altho he had never personally tried to fit a t6 or turbo of similar size. this kit comes with special motor mounts that are needed for downpipe fitment as its based off the stock k frame. he also said there was only about 10 of these kits ever made and are very rare. very nice guy and was very informative, great custom service

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mod turbo hotside setup q's