Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

new 9" control arms wont fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default new 9" control arms wont fit

I am installing my new moser 9" I have noticed that my control arms are too short to by a 1/4inch. do you normally need to get adjustable control arms for the 9icnh? I have aftermarket hotchkis arms now which worked fine until 9".
Old 12-27-2013, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to push the torque arm farther forward in the front slip mount then your lcas will hook up fine. Another point that is different but kinda the same: One thing I noticed when installing my S60 was that with the rear hanging and all the suspension components hooked up my new drive shaft seemed too long. This was because the lcas where angled down more than normal effectively shortening the distance between the trans and rear end yokes. I jacked the rear up till the springs were supporting the car, lcas raised up parrallel to the ground and the drive shaft fit fine.

Long story short I'm just trying to give you a heads up on another sticking point when installing a larger aftermarket rear.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol everything helps.. I tried pushing the torque arm in more, but really wasn't paying enough attention, ill go check.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went out there hit on the torque arm pushed it and I believe its all the way in and don't have the room I need.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have to loosen the front mount to get it to move more? I didn't think you had to.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The torque arm is normally the last thing I hook up. Leave the lower control arm bolts and panhard bolts loose until the rear is back on the ground, then tighten everything up. This way everything is in the loaded position when the bushings are tightened down. You can also do this if you have the rear up on jack stands. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: new 9" control arms wont fit