Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine mounts 67 camaro restomod

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine mounts 67 camaro restomod

Any good pointers on installing engine mounts in a 67 Camaro resto-mod? Any good product suggestions? Motor is set out of a 2000 TransAm with trani.
I installed it into my 67 camaro with a standard 1 " set back plate and with stock motor mounts with 2010 exhaust manifolds on the engine. I need less than 1/4" for the exhaust manifold by the steering box and I also need less than 1/4" down by the alternator. It is just touching. Any suggestions on how to achieve this with what I have? Thank you in advance & happy new year.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLance
Any good pointers on installing engine mounts in a 67 Camaro resto-mod? Any good product suggestions? Motor is set out of a 2000 TransAm with trani.
I installed it into my 67 camaro with a standard 1 " set back plate and with stock motor mounts with 2010 exhaust manifolds on the engine. I need less than 1/4" for the exhaust manifold by the steering box and I also need less than 1/4" down by the alternator. It is just touching. Any suggestions on how to achieve this with what I have? Thank you in advance & happy new year.
Do you have fabrication tools/skills? If so, the standard cut, grind and weld answer applies to your situation. If not, then you may need to locate someone who does who you can pay to do it for you.

Quick Reply: Engine mounts 67 camaro restomod