Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Mounting location questions??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCM Mounting location questions??

I have a 1971 Camaro with a modified stock 5.3 Harness out of a 2004 sierra truck.

I haven't changed any wiring lengths other than modifying the cluster of pink wires (engine fuse block connector) for a custom fuse box I built similar to the one on lt1swap.com.

Having said that, where does the factory PCM mount on a 2004 sierra or Silverado truck?

I'm trying to figure a starting point on mounting my pcm and fuse block in my car without having to cut or modify any wiring. I have plenty of room as I don't have factory AC anymore so no AC suitcase getting in the way.

Any ideas would be great, I'm leaning towards on top either the drivers or passenger side fender well. I have am using a factory S10 plastic bracket for the PCM

I will make some sort of mount or bracket to hold the fuse panel and PCM close to each other......trying to get a "factory" look in my engine bay.

I might even consider the area where the factory AC stuff was since I have a flat spot to work with now.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 PM
Launching!

The Silverado has the fuse box & PCM on the drivers side.

On my S10 the fuse box is on the drivers side & the PCM is on the passenger side stock....When I did the swap I mounted the PCM on the inner rad support right by the fuse box & eveything fit great.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cool thanks, I may start on the drivers fender with locating everything and see how that turn out

Quick Reply: PCM Mounting location questions??