Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Info needed on trucks(k20/k10)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Info needed on trucks(k20/k10)

Hey everyone,

my Name is Mo and i'I've been on and off here for a while Now.

Here is abit about my self, I'M an all around gear head, I snowboard and play with my toys. I've owned a ton of different vehicles. I ALWAYS end up thinking about a older chevy trucks no matter what I am driving that day. They are more practical for me. I'm always doing some type of work and need a pick up. Weather its cleaning my place, hallin stuff for work , needing to pull a trailer,( bike or car).

I do like the 04-05 z71 ( had a couple of em and I like the power and reliablity ) but I love the k20's how they are tanks. and not full of plastic.
I do not have the space/money to build a lq4 or lsx k20 ( even though that would be best of both worlds.
The veichals I have now are :

1987 iroc camaro - heavily modified . waiting to get rest of the parts for the t56 trans swap.I blew the old 700r4 twice..

2000 jeep wrangler , 4.5 inches of lift 35 km2's light bar,push bar, some armor . rhino lining interior some other crap ya know...

2007 yamaha r1 4000 miles been putting the typical mods on it.

But I come to you guys with questions .

I've been a chevy guy. I want a k20,k10 However I am having tons of difficulty finding info.
what they came with stock?
what are the common mods?
. what are the common issues with this trucks? promlem areas.
what is the best year to start looking for?
all info that is relavant is welcome.
what are the differences between the k20 and k10 is one just a long bed and other is a short bed ?
What options did they get ?
what axles and alll that?
2 wheel disc/ 2 drum?

My plan is to trade my jeep/sell it so I can buy a rust free long bed k20.

THANK YOU. feel free to ask any questions.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok here we go K 10 or 20 is a blazer a C 10 or 20 is a pick u/p c 10 is a 1/2 ton a c20 is 3/4 ton thay both came with eng from 6 cyl to 454 stick to auto a/c and non a/c and power and non windows locks steering brakes c10 came with 6 or 8 ft beds and 5 lugs c20 came in 8ft bed 8 lug that was corp axel or a full flot so you have a lot to chose from
Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Blazer was a K5 K10 was a 1/2 ton either short or long bed, K20 was a 3/4 ton only came in long bed. The K designation was for 4 wheel drive the C designation was for 2 wheel drive.

Most of the rest of this information applies to either the K or C series.

Depending upon year they came with engines from 230ci 6 cyl to 454 big block. Available transmissions where either 350 or 400 turbo automatics, 3 or 4 speed standard trans.

Again depending upon year they came with either 4 wheel drum or front disc brakes.

The 10's came with either the 10 bolt rears (8.5 ring gear) or 12 bolt. Depended upon other options. The 20's came with 12 bolts. Gear ratios ranged from 3.23 to 4.10 depending upon the way they were ordered.

There were options like the camper special that came with bigger radiator and trans cooler as well as suspension upgrades.

Back in the day when you went in to order a truck you had a ton of options you could order so there is a wide variety of trucks out there.

All the K series would have a solid front axel.

There were trim packages available the Silverado was the top of the line.

Can't really say what year is best. I'm not sure what years the K10 & K20 were available I know that designation started in at least the 60's maybe the 50's and I think it ran to the 80's.

My favorite years are 67-72. The design didn't change much from 73 into the 80's.

Many of the 4wd trucks have been lifted. There are several ways to do that some better than others. Also headers and exhaust were common changes. Intake manifolds & carbs were also common. Back in the day there were not a lot you could do, the parts were not available like they are today.

I purchased my first new truck (K5 Blazer) in 1976. I liked it so much I purchased another in 1984.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Info needed on trucks(k20/k10)