Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

SEM Hot Rod Black Spraying One Panel at a time?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEM Hot Rod Black Spraying One Panel at a time?

I'm going to tear down my Regal and would like to give the Hood, Fenders, Header Panel and Trunk Lid to my body/paint guy for him to repair and refinish while they are off the car.

I also plan to get new doors but at $900 it's going to be a while and eventually I'll get the body to him to shoot the roof and quarters.

The question is how consistent is the SEM Hot Rod Black when spraying it a panel at a time over the course of a few months?

I know that this is not even possible with reds and silvers but I'm curious if someone has used the SEM product in piecemeal fashion like this and what the results were.

Thanks, Ken Wolkens
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven't sprayed that particular black before, but I'd say no problem. Blacks are far more forgiving as far as matching goes. Heck, I have 15 year old DuPont chroma base bc/cc (gm black code), Nason single stage (universal black), &nason single with clear on the same vehicle. When freshly clean, I can't even tell their different paints & paint types.

A paint like hot rod black is one that frequently by nature of their users, would get used & reused at different time periods.

Quick Reply: SEM Hot Rod Black Spraying One Panel at a time?