Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How does this parts list look?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this parts list look?

So Im slowly piecing together parts here and there for what will eventually go in my 71 Trans Am. Its a cheap budget build, using a junkyard engine with lower miles. Im leaning towards a 4.8 just due to the fact that they're so cheap compared to 6.0's now. Heres what I was planning on:

99-03 4.8 with under 135k miles. Completely stock bottom end with head studs and upgraded rod bolts. I don't know what camshaft to use, hell I don't know if I'll even change it.

LS1 intake with cable operated throttle body.

Sumped factory tank with -8 feed and return.

Aeromotive A1000 pump mounted to frame.

Aeromotive Boost Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Deka 60lbs injectors.

Flipped factory manifolds with a 2.25" crossover.

Turbo (Gt45?) I don't know what to run yet. Either way it'll be a cheap egg roll turbo. Im stuck on what a/r would be good on a 4.8. I don't want a lag machine around town.

Cheap ebay intercooler.

Th350 with a big stall converter.

I know the biggest cost of the setup will probably be the fuel system. Do you think I should run that nifty of a fuel pump, or could I get away with a cheaper setup? Im not shooting for the moon. I think I'd like to reach 525rwhp.

Another note. I don't have E85 where I live. It'll have to run on 93.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Lsx6.0
So Im slowly piecing together parts here and there for what will eventually go in my 71 Trans Am. Its a cheap budget build, using a junkyard engine with lower miles. Im leaning towards a 4.8 just due to the fact that they're so cheap compared to 6.0's now. Heres what I was planning on:

99-03 4.8 with under 135k miles. Completely stock bottom end with head studs and upgraded rod bolts. I don't know what camshaft to use, hell I don't know if I'll even change it.

LS1 intake with cable operated throttle body.

Sumped factory tank with -8 feed and return.

Aeromotive A1000 pump mounted to frame.

Aeromotive Boost Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Deka 60lbs injectors.

Flipped factory manifolds with a 2.25" crossover.

Turbo (Gt45?) I don't know what to run yet. Either way it'll be a cheap egg roll turbo. Im stuck on what a/r would be good on a 4.8. I don't want a lag machine around town.

Cheap ebay intercooler.

Th350 with a big stall converter.

I know the biggest cost of the setup will probably be the fuel system. Do you think I should run that nifty of a fuel pump, or could I get away with a cheaper setup? Im not shooting for the moon. I think I'd like to reach 525rwhp.

Another note. I don't have E85 where I live. It'll have to run on 93.
I hear the Walbro 400 is good for 700hp and they are a Lil over 100$
Old 01-16-2015, 06:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 96 Posts

yes a walbro or bosch 044 pump will be overkill for your goals and if you don't have the injectors yet buy 80#and you will have room to grow.as for a turbo the on3 76/65 or 78/75 is smaller in size or find a tc76 or tc78 turbonetics. and keep that converter tight or you will slip right thru your powerband. like 32-3400 stall .

Quick Reply: How does this parts list look?