Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keisler performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keisler performance

As anyone bought a complete kit from here? It's for a 68 firebird with an lm7 5.3 that's going to be bolted to a muncie, I'm just worried about clearance issues with the hooker headers I plan on buying, from the quote I received it doesn't look like it is a hydraulic throw out bearing but an external slave.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Sorry should have mentioned that it's the complete package bellhousing 168 tooth flywheel etc etc
Old 01-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default Stay away from Keisler

Do your homework, many people reporting down payments made and no product. They're having problems, gomto Lateral-g under open discussions.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Ok thank you for the heads up.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The worst company I have ever dealt with , paid them in full ahead of time ,they said it would be in my procession in 2 weeks 6 weeks latter no such luck , piece mealed everything , rude , sent wrong transmition , and wanted me to pay freight to make right , keisler sucks , go american powertrain , oh the trany did not want to go in reverse either , and they would not make good on it . Keisler is seriously the worst company I have ever dealt with , I dont know how they stay in business . I bought a complete kit for chevele . should have been their best seller , a-body that is , they sent me a centered trany , that should have been offset , I made it work even though it was wrong .

This was a couple years ago .
Old 01-10-2014, 05:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought from them several years ago. They worked with me getting a trans and bell for my Datsun. I was happy with the sales rep, this was in 2005 when LS swaps weren't as common.

But when I got it the bell had a run out of over 60 thousands, they sent me SAE bellhousing bolts instead of metric, sold me one of their hydraulic throwout bearings with no shimming instructions but worst thing they did was replace the front part of the TKO with a cover they machined themselves so it would work with their HTOB. They didn't machine the cover surface flat so it has always leaked out of the front of the trans.

So I ended up buying offset dowel pins, had to helicoil my brand new aluminum crate motor block when I cross threaded it with the SAE bolts, I had to order an M12 bubble flair fitting from the flipping UK to plumb in their HTOB, had to buy a second HTOB from them when I overextended the first unit, then had to pull the trans to try and fix the front seal leak (which only slowed it down, not fixing it).

I take blame for some of the failures, but it sure would have been nice if they hadn't set me up the way they did.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Is this the package you need?
http://paceperformance.com/i-5146180...rsion-kit.html
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Been that way for many yrs....I made the mistake of buying the clutch set up and the TKO 600, for my HEMI car....Ended up returning the clutch stuff, and spending the $$ for a real set up from Tilton.
Have several other HEMI guys get the same nonsense.
A suggested name change to: "Keister"... cause that's where it'll likely end up.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:51 AM
spi
Teching In

Some of the worst customer service I have experienced. I can't tell you the amount of down time and money they have cost me from not standing behind their products. I purchased 3 complete conversion kits from them in the past two years and have had major issues with all 3. In the end, I have to buy different parts at my own expense to correct the problems. They should spend more energy on their products and customer service than they do on marketing.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Gary's 68 yes that the kit, i have looked at that one, why I thought keisler was better because I would have gotten that kit and my hydraulic set up in one shot and would have assumed that it would all work together but now obviously doubtful about that haha. I live in Ontario so getting the parts I need here will cost me an arm and a leg that and no local shops sell it as a kit and have no clue what parts I will need to make my combo work. The pace kit looks great but then I need to find some place that has the hydraulic set up and then I have to hope it works with the pace kit. I thought it was awesome that I could get it all from one place. Back to pulling my hair out again for now haha.
Thanks to everyone that posted to inform me about keisler you saved me a huge headache and a small fortune in shipping and border tax. Not to mention the 1500 for the kit that probably wouldn't have worked well.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Gary's 68 yes that the kit, i have looked at that one, why I thought keisler was better because I would have gotten that kit and my hydraulic set up in one shot and would have assumed that it would all work together but now obviously doubtful about that haha. I live in Ontario so getting the parts I need here will cost me an arm and a leg that and no local shops sell it as a kit and have no clue what parts I will need to make my combo work. The pace kit looks great but then I need to find some place that has the hydraulic set up and then I have to hope it works with the pace kit. I thought it was awesome that I could get it all from one place. Back to pulling my hair out again for now haha.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the heads up guys you saved me a small fortune not even including shipping and border taxes. Back to pulling my hair out.
Gary's 68, yeah I have looked at that kit but I couldn't find a hydraulic set up that they offered.
Keisler seemed to be the one stop shop for me.
If I get the kit from pace does anyone know where I can get a hydraulic clutch setup? I need a complete kit. Thanks again for the help.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Sorry for the duplicate posts I'm on my cell phone posting these, it kept telling me that it could not be posted so I tried several times.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

If you're using 1" setback plates, you can keep your Z bar setup, no need for hydraulic. You can also keep your trans mount, crossmember position, and driveshaft.
If you go to the link below, you can source the parts locally (GM or Auto parts stores) new for about 2/3 the price of the pace kit. All part numbers and info you'll need is there.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls-motor.html
Old 02-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Just received an email from keisler. Thanks again guys for the heads up apparently there is 500k of open orders that haven't been shipped out and their bankrupt! I would've had to postpone my build for another year I I lost my money/parts.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I've been getting non stop emails from them asking if someone will give them $800K to keep the doors open.

I guess that explains the poor service, they just got in over their head. Feel bad for anyone who lost there job through all this. They had a pretty good product line.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They have been emailing me also , I guess if you are on their list they are fishing for a sucker , or someone who is completely ignorant of their business practice . The cause of all their problems Im sure is ,ridiculously poor management decisions .

Guess I am going to have to send my keister transmission out to American powertrain to have the reverse issue fixed , I may talk to the mustang club guys close to my area first to see who works on their t5s so I dont have to ship and wait

Quick Reply: Keisler performance