Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Plasti dip

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 02:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti dip

So I know there will be a lot of flaming about this topic but to each their own if you don't like it stay out of the thread I'm looking for some pictures of plasti dipped f bodies. Dip has come a long way and my shell is getting pretty rough it's r titled I don't see sense in dropping the cash on painting it so I figured id dip it just looking for some ideas post up some pics please
Old 01-11-2014, 05:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dipped a Fox I owned and the pics are in a thread below. Turned out sweet. However, I've seen like 2 Fbods dipped. The color is critical.

For some reason I've seen so many c5 or c6s with plasti, even more than mustangs a few chargers too. check out dipyourcar forum they have many pics of cars. Last time I was there was last summer and some wild cool looking cars.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

I have a close friend where I live that does it on the side he's done trucks and a BMW and a bunch of small stuff I plan on having him do mine but like you said the color is critical. I know a bunch of colors woulnt work with a 4th camaro
Old 01-11-2014, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

well, lets start by pointing you to the Plasti-dip sticky https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...-faq-pics.html

I would also mention if you have a mid 98 or later model f-body (the ones that can suffer the sail panel bubbling issue) that Plasti-dip on the sail panel seems to accelerate the bubbling for some reason.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Have you looked through the plasti dip sticky? I am not blind it's right at the top of the page but there is only one fully dipped 4th gen in it.....that sticky is 90% plasti dipped accents I'm looking for a fully dipped car
Old 01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Just go to the dipyourcar.com forum and you'll find more pictures of F-Bodies that have been dipped. I searched a while back and found a few.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ryant10275
Have you looked through the plasti dip sticky? I am not blind it's right at the top of the page but there is only one fully dipped 4th gen in it.....that sticky is 90% plasti dipped accents I'm looking for a fully dipped car
no need to be rude, I was pointing it out as not many people on here seem to look up at the stickies, you can also look here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...ed-camaro.html

I'm having trouble finding it but there was also a thread for a "sunburst orange" IIRC trans am. Honestly I think there are more f-bodies covered in bedliner then plasti-dip, it's just not that particularly popular on american cars, it really is more of an import scene thing.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
no need to be rude, I was pointing it out as not many people on here seem to look up at the stickies, you can also look here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...ed-camaro.html

I'm having trouble finding it but there was also a thread for a "sunburst orange" IIRC trans am. Honestly I think there are more f-bodies covered in bedliner then plasti-dip, it's just not that particularly popular on american cars, it really is more of an import scene thing.
I thought you were tryin to be ignorant as 99% of ppl on forums love to be. Yeah I forgot about that one I've searched high and low I found a real light blue Camaro that orange one and a black one I guess I'm just going to have to pick a color and try it out he's only going to charge me a couple hundred so it's not bad
Old 01-11-2014, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Just go to the dipyourcar.com forum and you'll find more pictures of F-Bodies that have been dipped. I searched a while back and found a few.
Hmm I'll have to search again that was where I found the light blue one but couldn't find any others
Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

really? Bed liner, what a redneck POS thing to do to a car. At least with plasti it'll peal off.

I did like the results of my sold Fox in the link posted. For some reason though I don't see it on my TAs. Don't know if its the lines on the car or something. Maybe because they don't need paint.

Been out of the loop with plasti for a while. They were coming up with some cool stuff. I've also seen many 5th gens, mostly silver, gun metal, black, white.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
really? Bed liner, what a redneck POS thing to do to a car. At least with plasti it'll peal off.

I did like the results of my sold Fox in the link posted. For some reason though I don't see it on my TAs. Don't know if its the lines on the car or something. Maybe because they don't need paint.

Been out of the loop with plasti for a while. They were coming up with some cool stuff. I've also seen many 5th gens, mostly silver, gun metal, black, white.
Yup, but for the record it was an ASIAN guy, not a redneck https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...-firebird.html

also there is this 5th gen https://ls1tech.com/articles/sema-20...aro-bed-liner/

I thought there was another one but I can't find it.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

well i picked this color out today. i absolutely love it im just not sure if my z will pull it off or not. opionons?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

A guy on here named KILLER-LS1 has a matte green Camaro. It's not as bright as the Hunter Green you posted, but it may give you a rough idea:

Not a body color shot, but his engine build is badass and deserves to be shown, haha!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

thanks! yeah that motor build is sick! looking at those pictures , i think the hunter green might be good! we will see in a couple months here as soon as the pa weather clears up enough!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

That is one of the better ones I've seen. Needs a touch of like the hockey stripe or something in black. Some of the blues with additives like pearls or metalizers look hot.

If I did do a plasti on my TA it would be the vert in red tone. This way it would go with my Tan top. An idea I kicked around but so many other car priorities prior. I got a mountain of work and coin on my GTO project.

So I'd recommend a red with some pearl, which will lighten it up then add a few drops of black to bring it back down to red. Also add some glossifier to it to make the red pearl pop. I have the glossifier in the mix of blue on my fox that I posted. That gives it like a satin look, if you spray the gloss after you shoot the red it makes it look more glossy.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

I was amazed at the people that come up to me after we done mine.everybody loved it pics dont do it justice. The only thing i didnt like about this color it fades fast in the sun. That green looks tough.

Last edited by sabersaw30; 01-12-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

That orange looks like it came out of a highlighter!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Took some ***** ^^^^ to paint it that color! Like I said it peals off...lol. I remember them saying the sun fades the neon colors. I wonder if the gloss sealer would help it not fade.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

I plasti Dipped my V

Old 01-13-2014, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

That v looks great!
Yeah the neon colors do fade I did my little sisters car and it faded pretty quick.....here's when it was first done, it's surprising how bright the blaze colors are!

Quick Reply: Plasti dip