Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 c1500 ls swap wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 c1500 ls swap wiring

Ive got my 5.3 harness done used lt1swap.com, so now im tryin to hook the ls harness to the truck. Im not great with wiring at all. If someone had pictures of connectors or anything to help me know exactly what im lookin for so i can get this thing running.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Default Wiring

We need more info to help you out. If you have modified your harness to be standalone you have to put together a fuse block with relays to power it. There is a write up on lt1swap on how to put one together and how to wire it. Basically you get two fuse blocks run 12v constant to one and 12v ignition to the other to run the PCM O2's obd2 fans fuel pump injectors and CEL. Keep in mind that the PCM turns on Fan/Pump/Cel with a ground signal not positive. If you have a 4l60/80e transmission you also need a 5pin relay hooked to your brake light signal wire for the lockup converter to work right.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Teching In

I have the harness complete with fuse block and 2 relays. Im just needing help finding the right wires on the truck harness that the ls harness hooks too.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Default Wiring

You don't really connect it to the truck harness unless your trying to get your gauges to work. I used the wire that went to my trucks old starter and connected it to the starter on my swap engine(small terminal). You should have a power distribution block on your firewall make sure it still has 12v and run a wire from that to power your fuse block constant side. Your old engine should have had a wire that went to the coils that is 12v when the key is on, use that for the ign fuse block/relay. The alternator can either go to the power distribution block or to the big wire on the starter.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Yea im running stock gauges.

Quick Reply: 94 c1500 ls swap wiring