Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with U-Coat-It system...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unhappy Beware U-Coat-It system...

Well guys, I put down my new floor coating last week & I'm not happy with it at all to say the least. I've got several spots where the finish is dull & blotchy even though I followed the directions methodically & prepped the floor as good as can possibly be done. The most frustrating thing is that I've tried since last Thursday to get someone from U-Coat-It to help me with this & can't even get so much as a call back. Appearently there is only one guy in the entire company that can help me & he's never there & must not check his messages either. It specifically says on the instructional video that the "bond coat" is to be a thin & uniform coat, but the places where I put it down thick is actually where I got the best results (the finish coat follows after the bond coat is fully dried). I've checked their web site for trouble shooting tips (apparently I'm not the only one with this type of problem) & all of the possible problems that they list (proper ventalation, appropriate drying time, stain removal etc.), I took care of ahead of time.

If anyone can help me get a hold of someone or even knows of a dealer that might be able to have more pull with the company, please let me know. This kit was over double the price of other typical kits & I spent the extra $$$ not to have problems such as this.

Thanks.
Shay

(Sorry moderators if this shouldn't be listed here!)

Last edited by 98-mongooSSe; 05-12-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that, im glad i decided to use vct and do a black & white checker pattern instead of the u-coat-it. that was my only fear, when looking into their paint system, that it would start pealing right away or it wouldn't look uniform throughout. good luck
Old 05-12-2004, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs down

Well almost a week & 10+ phone calls later, the guy finally gets in touch with me. After talking through the whole process he admits that I did everything correctly & offers to pay half of another coat which basically will be another $70 out of my pocket. (That will be $350 total for a damn two car garage!) He also admitted that saying on their instructional video that the bond coat should be a thin coat was "probably" incorrect that they that should "probably" change that to say that you should use all the materials instead, but according to him I was just supposed to know that already. Or maybe I should have walked back across the wet floor to put down a thicker coat when I was done. I'm sure that would have looked really nice!

Bottom line is DO NOT SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY for a product when their customer serivce is this poor.

Shay