Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another crossover tube question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another crossover tube question

I have read and read but I have a dumb question. My LS is in a custom chassis and I need to do something with my crossover tube. I have read that I can install a T fitting in the radiator neck and T my overflow and the crossover tube. My only concern is that I believe the crossover tube only releases pressure and when my radiator lets fluid into my overflow it will also fill this tube. Am I confused or is this okay? thanks in advance!

Last edited by chopperi1; 01-15-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would not use the overflow, vent of radiator. That is on the unpressure side of the system.

The vent/steam crossover tube needs to be on the pressure side.

These area have been used, Directly back into the top of the radiator (not the vent), top of the water pump, heater hose, upper radiator hose.

Hope this helps.

BC
Old 01-15-2014, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

The steam lines need to be pressurized. If you hook to the overflow line all of your coolant will simply pump onto the ground.

If you have room, consider using a surge tank. They have steam line ports on them.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the help. My only other option would be to drill and tap my top radiator outlet and insert the hose here, but again worry because this is the pressure side and that hose coming from my crossover port may fill with coolant? Is this okay?

Thankx
Old 01-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chopperi1
Thanks for the help. My only other option would be to drill and tap my top radiator outlet and insert the hose here, but again worry because this is the pressure side and that hose coming from my crossover port may fill with coolant? Is this okay? Thankx
The hose coming from the crossover tubes should flow coolant continuously just like every other part of your cooling system.

Quick Reply: Another crossover tube question