Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5/Camaro interchangability

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C5/Camaro interchangability

Hey guys, I am selling my Camaro and was wanting to know what all is interchangeable as far as the engine(LS1). I have a T56 from the Camaro also and am assuming it wont work in the C5, am I correct in thinking this?

Also what about bolting the LS1 in, will it bolt right onto the C5's motor mount? I am building a Forged 347ci and when finished will pull the engine from the C5 and replace it with the 347. And will I just plug all the sensors/electronics in like normal or are some of the sensors in different locations on the block etc?

What about the front accessories? any of that the same?

Would really appreciate some answers. thanks in advance guys

-Brenton
Old 02-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Motor wise, it's the same, front accessory is diff, C5 alternator is on the top driver side, trans won't work, different case since the C5 trans is rear mounted.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The motor will work fine, Just need to move the alternator up to driverside top like said. The trans will also work but you need to change some things such as the bell housing, Mid-plate, and lengthining the trans shaft, The C5 utilizes a longer shaft because the trans is in the back. Also the tail shaft needs to be changed to a C5... Other then that it is the same. Probably 400 bucks in stuff... you will also need the C5 Shift linkage.

Quick Reply: C5/Camaro interchangability