Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How well do Bogarts hold up??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How well do Bogarts hold up??

I am just wondering how Bogarts do for long drives or even daily driving? I don't plan on driving my car everyday but am curious if the Bogarts would do well on say long drives of about 5 - 8 hours drive?? Also are Welds any stronger??
Old 05-10-2004, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was wondering the same thing.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm assuming your referring to the P1 drag rim series. Bogarts as well as many drag rims are intended for drag racing, not taking a trip to another state...Most true drag rims will state they are for drag racing...the P1 billets contrary to belief are VERY strong.

I believe the rims have stood up to the test and have VERY few failures (only two rims I can think of) out of EVERY one ever produced for an F-body. That alone is a very bold statement to boast. Real world test enviroment applications are always a good indicator of strength.

I would be hesitent to drive those distances with slicks/skinnies no matter what wheel your using...I think the more appropriate question is what et street or qtp tire would even last that distance and be still a good drag tire. I would tend to believe the rims would last longer.

I believe you'll find many guys that are using them for everyday use with very good results and no ill affects. Can they bend them or damage them...well yes of course any drag rim is more suseptable to damage when they aren't being used as intended...A more important question may be "can we fix them"...well yes for the most part they can all be fixed which is a definite plus for any large investment in rims...

I wouldn't advise using any drag rim for extended trips...use your street rims for that purpose.

Email us if you have any additional Bogart questions or concerns.

Steve
Pres.