Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy with an ultra low buck silverado.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with an ultra low buck silverado.

I ended up with a 1990 silverado for $275, I sold the bad block and pistons and rods to a friend for a coffee table for $60, I have 5 aluminum wheels to sell that were on it, the whole tbi set up to sell, and some other motor parts to sell so the truck should be free or maybe even make money when all is said and done.

My brother traded himself into a 5.3 and ran into money issues and sold it to me for $250 (which is more than I typically pay for motors). I priced a wiring harness with computer and underhood fuse box for $125 (I am going to make my own fuse box and sell the factory one to recoup some of the money), fuel pump will be about $30, motor mounts I will make for free with some scrap metal from work, going the junkyard route for trans spacer and flywheel and starter about $50-60 for everything (might do a 4l80e if I can get a deal on one). Exhaust will be done with a set of flow master I got for free already attached to some pipe that should be a close fit, which I got for free from the local exhaust shop (guy didn't like them and they were on it when they bought the truck). Biggest thing for me is going to be working a deal with someone to do the computer for me. But so far I will have less than $600 total including buying the truck.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Here's a picture for some reason forums flip my pictures upside down, I will have to work on getting my pics to photobucket.
Attached Thumbnails New guy with an ultra low buck silverado.-image.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Tons of info on this site!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Teching In

So this project got stuck on the back burner not to long after it got started, I have since gone from 85hr work weeks to having nothing to do and a limited budget. I wasn't going to start back on this until I had a steady income again but this weekend while at a local car show I came across a 1993 chevy pickup that was a replica of the Boyd Hauler (or the Van Hauler build for Eddie Van Halen) this truck was one of the trucks that got me into this body style trucks and the replica I found had an LS1 in it and it essentially inspired me to break down and drop several hundred dollars to get this project either done or dang close to it in my off time.

Right now my problem is I have been going through pages and pages of wiring diagrams trying to figure out where I left off on modifying my harness back in January. The question I currently have right now is about the fuse block, I found this fuse block at Advance Auto Parts here in town
Amazon.com: Bussmann  BP/15600-06-20 Quick Connect Fuse Block: Automotive Amazon.com: Bussmann BP/15600-06-20 Quick Connect Fuse Block: Automotive
Not exactly what I was looking for but available right now, I know I need to take the power wires from the c2 block and attach them to the terminals but where do I get my power source from, is it from the battery or from a source that is hot with key on?

My brain is jumbled right now from looking at so much wiring so I am really just wanting someone to verify for me so I don't make a bone head mistake because I am not thinking straight.

Thanks for the help on the side note I am hoping to pick up the truck and motor from the old house and maybe get it set in Saturday (if my mounts come in when they are supposed to.

Quick Reply: New guy with an ultra low buck silverado.