Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fast fuel rail issue

Old 01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast fuel rail issue

ok folks, I have a fast lsxr (not the truck one) 102 manifold with ls1 style injectors (siemens 60lb).

I bought the Fast billet rails #FST-146032-KIT. Driver side seals perfect! Passenger side is a bit lose and leaks fuel from the upper o ring area. before opening the key to the on position, i can literally pull the injector up and down. then when i open the key to let fuel in, the pressure pushes the injector down and i can visibly see the o ring pushed out of the fuel rail causing my leak.

how do i fix this? i already put new o rings and it didnt help.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

anybody?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

It sounds like it isnt seated all the way. Is there any obstruction keeping it from bottoming out? How bout the rails? Is there any visible difference between the rails and the mounts? I would hold them up side by side and take a good long look. Then, swap them side to side and see if there is play. If the loose side follows the rail, then It sounds like a mount problem. If it stays, it could be the manifold.

Do you have any pics?
Old 01-17-2014, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

On my car, the passenger side was fine but the driver side was really bad. I bought oversized orings for the top of the injectors which helped but i still ended up with a huge leak on #8. I ended up making my own L-brackets that really pull down on the rear of the rail. No problems since, and i check it a lot..

The problem is that the front bracket is really close to the end of the rail so it has no problem holding them down. The rear bracket is about 2 injectors before the end of the rail and the last one has almost no pressure applied to it. It took some trial and error to get my brackets right but they work. They say that rails should be installed in their "natural" position but i made the brackets so it pulls the rail just barelyyy forward and down, seemed to do the trick. It all just seemed too loose in its resting position
Old 01-17-2014, 06:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Check the bend angles and the hole locations on all 4 brackets..
Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by c-bolt
It sounds like it isnt seated all the way. Is there any obstruction keeping it from bottoming out? How bout the rails? Is there any visible difference between the rails and the mounts? I would hold them up side by side and take a good long look. Then, swap them side to side and see if there is play. If the loose side follows the rail, then It sounds like a mount problem. If it stays, it could be the manifold.

Do you have any pics?
Ya it seems the brakets supplied are not pushing the rail down all the way. I will try swapping the driver side to the passenger side to see what happens. I will of course examine the rails n brackets to ensure everything is equal
Old 01-17-2014, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
On my car, the passenger side was fine but the driver side was really bad. I bought oversized orings for the top of the injectors which helped but i still ended up with a huge leak on #8. I ended up making my own L-brackets that really pull down on the rear of the rail. No problems since, and i check it a lot..

The problem is that the front bracket is really close to the end of the rail so it has no problem holding them down. The rear bracket is about 2 injectors before the end of the rail and the last one has almost no pressure applied to it. It took some trial and error to get my brackets right but they work. They say that rails should be installed in their "natural" position but i made the brackets so it pulls the rail just barelyyy forward and down, seemed to do the trick. It all just seemed too loose in its resting position
Ya i think the brackets are the issue here. What o rings did you use? Ive tried the ls1 and ls2 with no luck.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

i had two sets do that sold them bought speed inc high flow rails no problems and fit better
Old 01-17-2014, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaroboy869592
i had two sets do that sold them bought speed inc high flow rails no problems and fit better
The fast 102 rails? Fuuck. It sucks because my fast 92 rails were a solid piece. But these 102 rails r a headache
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Ok so it ended up being the brackets. They were NOT designed very well. I had to open up the hole that bolts the bracket to the rail. By opening up the hole i was able to push down on the rail so that i can get a tight seal.

I will call fast to complain. Someone could lose there car to a fire over this! Luckily i keep an extinguisher with me at all times. I will post pics of what i did to the bracket later.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

I got the same problem, except on left side. fast techline is acting like they've never heard of such a thing

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by PlatnumStatuz; 01-21-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PlatnumStatuz
I got the same problem, except on left side. fast techline is acting like they've never heard of such a thing

[IMG][/IMG]
Ya thats what mine was doing. I fixed the issue, and got a tight seal but im still not comfortable knowing it can.possibly happen again. I should have bought an ls2 rail smh. Lol
Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

ya it sucks I cut and welded the rail brackets on another set I had guess I'll do the same with these
Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

I was having the same problem, you need to use the fat o-ring that came with the intake on the BOTTOM of the injector or they will not seat/seal

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...l#post17978602

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fast fuel rail issue