Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into a little modded old school BMW *no vid*

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ran into a little modded old school BMW *no vid*

Had a nice encounter with a super clean red E30 BMW.

On the mexican highway, I see this red BMW pacing me. Looks old school, but I can tell its modded. So I reach a spot where traffic opens into 2 lanes empty for the most part. I move over, wait a sec for him to hit it and once he's moving and at my door, I gun it. Look to my side, and he's 2-3 cars back when I'm doing over 90 (started around 55, 60), which shocked me. I continue, and he comes blasting past. I let him go so I can get behind him and we continue the cat and mouse game for a bit... Next it hits this wide sweeping left turn, so I hit that sweeping turn a bit over 80 in 4th and then squeeze into the throttle on exit and disappear.

I look down, top of 4th at 130... I look back... What looks like a slew of tiny headlights. I wait and see him coming up quick and he slows up and throws a thumbs up out the window. He signals for the same exit I'm going for. We exit out, he pulls over, so I follow suit and he tells me "Thats a V? That thing is quick as ****! I couldn't keep up if they paid me." I told him I liked the old school look and that they don't seem to go out of style. He told me he had ALOT of work done to it and then told me again my car was nice. I told him the same and left.

Car looked to be from the late 80s, early 90s. Debadged, lowered a bit but not stupidly like cambered out. Red. Clean. Unsure what it was, but whatever it was... Thing was quicker than I expected it to be. I'm sure he shocks the **** out of the Maximas and Accords that 'run these streets' out here. Unsure on what it was in terms of model... but all I know is he said he had alot of work, and it moved decent for what it was.

Weather has sucked here lately, but this run was good.

CLIFFNOTES:
-unknown model, late 80s\early 90s BMW plays with V on highway
-gets hit, gets pulled 2 cars from 60 to 90
-says he has alot of work done, both thumbs up, etc
-end
Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol why the novel?

I'm surprised you were shocked. You had at least 175whp on him. Those older BMW's are dogs.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

At least he had fun.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 AM
Launching!

was this up by you? my buddy just picked up an old school m3 thats really clean. but his shop is down in cherry hill, nj by me
Old 01-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

You never know what you are going to run into on the street, just be glad you beat him! Nice writeup btw, I like a story versus a sentence. One thing you forgot to mention is when you let up: had me thinking he came around you quick each time but after reading the whole thing I realize that you had let up and thats why he caught up to you/ passed you.

I had a run in with a unknown mods older M5 myself that shocked me: I was around 450rwhp during this run and was stunned that he hung as well as he did - he did better then the modded V10 M6 I ran a couple weeks later as a matter of fact. Race was up a steep incline btw.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
was this up by you? my buddy just picked up an old school m3 thats really clean. but his shop is down in cherry hill, nj by me
Yup. Up by me. Guy had glasses, looked a bit like a thin Rutledge Wood from Top Gear U.S? LOL

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
You never know what you are going to run into on the street, just be glad you beat him! Nice writeup btw, I like a story versus a sentence. One thing you forgot to mention is when you let up: had me thinking he came around you quick each time but after reading the whole thing I realize that you had let up and thats why he caught up to you/ passed you.

I had a run in with a unknown mods older M5 myself that shocked me: I was around 450rwhp during this run and was stunned that he hung as well as he did - he did better then the modded V10 M6 I ran a couple weeks later as a matter of fact. Race was up a steep incline btw.

Unknown M5 vs GTO - YouTube
Yeah, I didn't know wth it was, but was just surprised it held on. It didn't pull back but didn't fall back as fast as I was expecting, tbh. At least other driver wasn't a d-bag like i've been encountering lately. lol
Old 01-18-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

good race bud! I'm sure he was as shocked as you...
Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Unknown M5 vs GTO - YouTube
From the tail lights you raced a 98-2003 m5. They were 400hp stock and were highway beast. I know i saw a video a while back with a intake and exhaust ls6 cts v. And it stayed right with him. And boosted some of those older bmw's can be monsters.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06vLo
From the tail lights you raced a 98-2003 m5. They were 400hp stock and were highway beast. I know i saw a video a while back with a intake and exhaust ls6 cts v. And it stayed right with him. And boosted some of those older bmw's can be monsters.
They're nice cars, but I wouldn't call them highway beasts.

They trap 107-109, stock, and make about 330whp. Nothing serious.

Quick Reply: Ran into a little modded old school BMW *no vid*