Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Too far away...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too far away...

(My english was not as good as I swear, so forgive me to the incredible amount of spelling and grammatical errors I certainly will do... or already have done!)

... from you!

Hello everybody!

I'm from Belgium, a super small country (more like a village) of Western-Europe, stucked between France and Germany.

I'm 40 and, as far I can remind, I've always be a car/truck/plane/boat engine enthusiast... well, enthusiast with everything that has an engine, in fact!

My second love was your country... the movies, the series, the cars, couple of travels to (in Florida), every thing achieve me to fall in love, but life (and wife) don't allowed me to join you... but I don't miss the point, so maybe one day, the title of this topic will not be correct anymore...

But this is not a "Hey, that's my life!" forum, so I came with the real point... cars!

In my case, cars is not really the exact word... van is more accurate!

I'm a happy (till yesterday...) owner of a 1994 GMC Vandura 3500 Camper Van (from Pleasure Way, Canada), that I called Hannibal, because it's size and... yes, in memory of "I like when a plan..."

I buy it to his first german owner, in perfect shape, related with his age (the Van, not the owner, hey!) with less than 85.000 miles. The only 'weak' point to me, the first time I read the advert, was the engine... I swear it was loaded with the 7.4L, but no, only the base 5.7L, wich is a little bit weak to move as I want (I'm a bad and constantly unsatisfied guy..., so never enough power and torque, anyway the car I owned) the 7.700lbs that this beast weights.

Weak enough to break in my hands, yesterday, with a water gasket disclosure (is this the right term?)...

When I buy it, I've planned to swap a more powerful engine, but not so early... but as I always mean in life, things happens, so manage them as well as you can!

Well, now that you complete me (just a little bit... ), I hope we can discuss a little bit about the LS world and how he can give a new life to my little shower-on-wheels and make it lighter, faster and stronger... in one word, better!

Some pics now, for those preferring them to words... like me!

... don't look at the Dodgy wheel caps or the Chevy fascia, previous owner was more good-looking orientated than right-matching, as I'am. But this is just a detail, wheels need an engine to rotate...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the site! You'll find a lot of LS-based engine info here; however, you might want to take a look at the "sister" site, www.performancetrucks.net , for info about GM fullsize trucks/suvs/vans that are LS-powered.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Demonspeed, I'm on m'y way to have a look on this board! ;-)

Quick Reply: Too far away...