Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New body, fresh meat!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New body, fresh meat!

Hey guys!

First and foremost LS1tech was the biggest help I had while boosting my now blown ls1. Thanks for all of you asking questions and giving answers. Researching your mistakes and achievements was and is the most powerful tool I have in my arsenal, so thanks again.

My name is Ben and this is my build. I am a AW2 and a member of the Wounded Warrior Project. Working on my ride and day dreaming on summit racing keeps me going. Last summer I finally bought a TA. Had to sell my last because my wife wasn't convinced you could fit a baby seat in the back. She was full of it. Anyways, I threw a turbo on the LS1. Now I understand that you simply cannot bolt on a turbo... So after stretching the head bolts and blowin the head gaskets I bought a new 6.0L 4.03 iron block LS. I wanted to go a little bit bigger. Got some pretty LS3 heads that were ported and polished from Pace. Getting my rotating assembly from Texas Speed for my 408 build. Got my custom grind from comp as well. I have the LS3 intake but I'm really thinking of grabbing that Holley Hi Ram EFI. Looks sick and great at high RPMs from what I have seen. Not to mention I'm dressing it with a 250 shot!

What I have so far.
6.0L iron block LS, LS3 cc por/pol heads (0821) from Pace, Custom grind from Comp Cams, 10AN fuel lines, 65lb injectors, Aeromotive 1000A fuel pump, 2 solenoids with 2 15lb N2O tanks.

Rotating assembly from Texas Speed will be on its way. As well as an upgraded valvetrain from Comp. DEF buying a new K member.

Now my questions! What accessories and other parts from my LS1 should I salvage for my 408? The only thing im surely using right now is my Oil Pan since its already been built for my turbo lines.

Should I stick with the OE water pump and oil pump?

Any helpful feedback is appreciated in advance.

Quick Reply: New body, fresh meat!